on 27 September 2013
I love workout DVDs and I love hula-hooping, and this DVD doesn't disappoint. It's a great workout that really tones, and fast! Plus I really like the instructor's upbeat nature.

It is a little repetitive, but I find that means that I can just zone out once I've mastered all the moves and the workout flies by. But you need a seriously big living room to do all the moves in, particularly in the arms section, where if you don't concentrate the hoop will slip out of your hands and take out all your ornaments!

Also, I started off thinking all weighted hula hoops are made equal - they're not. My first hoop was so heavy at 1.3kg I was left with bruises, and I there was no way I could hoop it above my head on one arm! I traded down to a 625g hoop and am now hooping away happily.
on 6 March 2007
As a male I was dubious about this but I have to say it actually works!!! I have been hooping for about 4 months now and I have Abs!!

It's a fun DVD that many people can follow from kids to the older crowd. There are simple steps to follow and believe me when I first started with a hoop I was a disaster. I do about 10 - 20minutes per day and I can now do tricks and impress the people I need to. This DVD is different from all the other celeb driven titles out there and buying from Amazon is the cheapest place I found....

Get hooping folks... It's the way to go!!!!!!
22 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2012
the quality of the DVD is excellent, the instructions are clear and it is value for money. the tempo might be a little fast for beginners so i will advice anyone using it for the first time to persevere.
on 9 January 2007
At last a fitness DVD that is actually FUN! I really enjoyed this workout.

I haven't picked up a hula hoop in years, and now I can't seem to put one down!!

Once I mastered the basic hooping action it was really easy to follow and I really felt it toning my body. This workout was different from anything I have tried before which was great.It made me feel really good!

I enjoyed the workout from start to finish, and am looking forward to doing it again and again! I think this about the only fitness DVD I wont be getting bored of in a hurry, hooping is far to addictive! And to be honest the only DVD I have actually done the whole way through (and enjoyed doing)

I would definatly recommend this workout, Top marks!

Forget the boring sit-ups you get on other fitness DVDs, I would rather be hula hooping any day!
on 10 January 2007
After gaining something of a paunch over Christmas (or at least increasing the paunch I already had!), I heard this DVD being plugged on the radio, and decided to leap onto this latest bandwagon while it's still in its infancy!

They're saying that Hula Hooping is the new craze that's already swept the States, and will soon take the UK by storm. After shelling out for my copy of the DVD (and, of course, the all important hoop), I was initially concerned by my apparent inability to keep the hoop going for more than one revolution of my sadly increasing waistband. After persevering for a short time though, I was in my flow, and ready to begin the workout.

The DVD is great. Warm and entertaining like the radio station from which it was spawned, but, more importantly, really effective.

I've obviously only been doing the workout for less than two weeks, but I genuinely feel that I already look and feel better for it. If you're looking for something in the way of a new fitness routine, I couldn't recommend Hulaerobics highly enough... I've gone 'hoopy' about it!
on 27 April 2012
I bought a hoop for exercise, which didn't come with a DVD or any useful instructions. I haven't hooped since I was a child - ages ago and was finding it difficult to get the hang of. I can't stand celeb DVD's and was determined to get a DVD which wasn't by a celeb. I found this one. I hadn't heard of Christabel and so I ordered it. My heart sank when I realised that one of the DJ's from Heart was featured on it....however, it is absolutely fine. I find neither Christabel or Harriet irritating and for that reason I am learning! Christabel is brilliant! She looks fantastic and is fantastic and very encouraging. It is like actually being in a class one to one with her. I got the hang of hooping from the moment I started using her DVD and have been hooping now for two weeks and getting better and better at the moves she teaches and enjoying a good a cardio and toning exercise in the comfort of my own home. I love it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 June 2016
I've watched the entire DVD including the 'bonus' interview and dance segment. OK, the interview, the dance segment, and the 'chirpy' style of the presenter are exactly my cuppa - lol, I found myself preferring the guest co-hostess to the primary presenter.

However. The DVD is fantastic - the main menu gives options that make a real work-out very easy to plan and follow, with the choice to 'play all' or go to specific parts of the work-out from warm-up to cool down and the segments focussed on arms, legs, stomach, backside, etc. Switching from segment to segment is quick and simple, and so far through several work-out sessions I've experienced no issues with the DVD at all.

As far as actual content goes, again, despite the overly chirpy presenter, the way she brings the absolute beginner through the first steps to hooping is very well done - from 'check with your health care professional' to the very sensible (but lacking on other hooping videos and books from other presenters) 'when starting out, restrict work-outs with hoop to 2-3 minute sessions to avoid injury including bruises'). The first segment - how to keep the hoop up around the waist - had me hooping properly for the first time in my 59 years of life. I'd tried hula hooping as a child, couldn't work out how to keep the silly thing up and finally gave up. Now I can keep the hoop up around my waist without falling for as long as I want it to be spinning, and I could not have got there without this DVD.

I have only had the hoop and video (I bought the bundle) for a few days and am following the guidance to keep my hooping sessions very brief to avoid injury but I do feel I'm going to find this a fun work-out addition to my fitness programme. I'm usually dead keen on free videos (YouTube, gotta love it!) but in this instance I am VERY glad I bought this bundle as the DVD has been invaluable for getting me started. BONUS: I haven't giggled like this since junior school:)
on 15 October 2013
Brought the DVD very pleased had not been able to hula hoop until I got the DVD ,would recommend to purchase
on 2 March 2009
Very helpful with tecnique in getting me started. I was surprised how hard it was, nothing like i remember as a child. Was very bruised a sore a day after using the dvd. Soon mastered the basic technique, so no longer have the bruises. Music is good, and hula girl is nice and not irritating. Need lots of room to do the exersise as you do move around. all in all, a fun and effective dvd
on 11 August 2013
For a cheap dvd this is good . Simple instructiions n separate sections. I like that the accomplice was a novice and normal everyday mum not superseded material. Makes a refreshing change.