Top critical review
103 people found this helpful
Take great care if you use this product
on 2 April 2010
I'm sorry to break the run of superlative reviews for this product, but I feel a note of caution is needed. Here's my experience with it.
The product arrived wrapped tightly in bubblewrap, but without any other packaging. On removing the wrap, the container was wet and smelt of chlorine. I washed it clean, put on rubber gloves, a mask, and eye protection. I then set to work in a well ventilated bathroom, using the product as directed, keeping the spray at arms length and pointing away from me.
After about 10 minutes, I had to stop. There was a burning sensation in my nose and throat, and I was coughing. Shortly after I noticed my nose was bleeding.
These symptoms went away after a few hours, and I don't seem to have suffered any permanent ill effects. But, for me, using the product was a rather unpleasant experience.
The smell of chlorine remained in the bathroom, and indeed in other parts of the house, for several days afterwards.
The product undoubtedly works, and cleaned the tiles and grouting very effectively. However, I noticed that anything below the work level became coated with droplets of the spray, which caused minor damage. In the end I finished the cleaning job using small quantities of ordinary domestic thin bleach on a kitchen scouring pad. This seemed equally effective, without the adverse side effects or lingering smells, although it required a little more effort.
If you decide to try this product, make sure you have adequate protection, and cover up any items underneath your work area. I also think the labelling of the product should include more comprehensive warnings regarding its use.