on 14 May 2010
This looks as good as the photo suggests it will! The enamel quality is excellent, lovely even, soft cream colour. It certainly does not look out of place alongside my cream Le Creuset kitchenware!
The pot is a nice heavy cast iron pot that heats evenly and retains the heat very well. The stand did seem a little flimsy on first inspection, but is adequate and stable enough not to be of concern. It coped well enough without threat of tipping at all with my children all eagerly dipping in! The size of the pot is excellent. It holds more than enough fondue to feed a hungry group of 6 adults as a main course cheese fondue.

While I usually try to purchase top quality kitchen equipment names rather than cheaper "false economy" items that could need replacing faster, I bought this thinking I would not be using it frequently and so worth a risk buying something a little "cheaper". I was delighted to find such a well made, attractive set of decent quality for a fraction of the cost of the kind of brands I would usually consider first. There is nothing "cheap" about this and has also had more use that I expected too. It is popular with my children and so much easier to clean than anticipated. The heavy base spreads heat well and stops the fondue burning. I would certainly consider Kitchen Craft products in the future.

One note of caution - it does not come with any fondue gel packs or fuel. While we have used the meths method as a standby while locating gel packs, I recommend you purchase the gel. Not only seems a little safer to use, the meths can smell a little.
on 11 April 2009
I searched high and low in the shops for a fondue set and found none! Fortunately Amazon came to the rescue with an amazing selection of them. The one I chose was an excellent choice - looks good, works well and can be used for many types of fondue. Fondues are an excellent and different way of socializing and this set is thoroughly recommended.
on 10 January 2010
Very stylish in the cream colour, the Kitchen Craft Cast Iron Enamelled Fondue Gift Set was a lot of fun and easy to use. We use this to make cheese and chocolate fondues, works well for both. It's nice and sturdy, works on the hob if you're in a rush, the flame is adjustable, and the addition of the base to protect your table surfaces is a nice touch. It is very heavy though, and we don't usually end up using the lid with large groups of people as it limits the number of people that can dip in at the same time. But all in all, does the job well. Delivery was in good time as well.
on 27 March 2016
I could not believe this. I have had a fondue pot before but the wooden handle came off. This product pot is well made and the pot can be put on your cooker to help heat the oil or melt the cheese. This is well made looks great and will impress my guests. It is a great way to eat for a night.
on 7 April 2010
I bought the cream coloured cast iron fondue. Looks very nice and does what it is supposed to do. Cheese fondue is better with the lid off. Oil and stock fondue better with the lid on. Stylish and well made.
on 3 February 2014
I've never used a fondue set before, always used chocolate fountain to amuse the grandchildren on a christmas afternoon, but this just blew them away. It didn't take hardly any time to heat and melt the chocolate, and the children absolutely loved it. It became the highlight of the afternoon and now we've used it for different purposes we've thought it would make a brilliant gift for friends and family (new!!).
on 31 December 2010
Having found a very tasty recipe, that looked excellent for Christmas entertaining, I was at a loss to know where to get hold of a reasonably priced fondue set at short notice. Having seen plenty of sets online that were more than double the price I settled on this one as it looked neat, sturdy and the reviews of it were good! It really is an excellent kitchenware addition. As a beginner to this style of cooking I found the instructions quite clear, the set is easy to use and easy to clean too.

The only slight quibble I had is with the forks. I think I was just unlucky with this, but, I'd advise others to check the forks carefully once out of the packaging. I found very tiny rust discolourations on the prongs of two, however with some careful cleaning this was removed. As the rest of the set was completely satisfactory I didn't bother to return it - so this is just a small note. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the set to anyone who wanted to try fondue for the first time, I'm definitely a fan.
on 9 September 2015
Cons:
This is branded as 'Master Class' not Kitchen Craft - not sure if brands are related. Have used twice and enamel is already chipping. Stand is flimsier than Le Crueset.

Pros:
It works and it comes in at an affordable price, it also arrived quickly.

Other thoughts:
I have just seen a bigger set with an electric hot plate and would prefer to have bought that product retrospectively.
on 3 September 2013
great fondue set at a very reasonable price. easy to clean & definitely provide enough forks for a large group. good build quality and we made both chocolate and cheese fondue in the pot & it was so easy to clean. great little mini neat pot. can't wait to use it again in the winter!
on 22 December 2014
The cast iron is heavy and smooth, with a nice finish. I love the quality feel to this. I don't use it with the fancy lid, as it restricts access to the contents. I also didn't use the burner as I didn't have any of my own fuel (it doesn't come with any), but instead used it with 3 tealights underneath (to get it started) and eventually left it with just 1.

Lovely set, great for dinner parties - both for savoury or sweet fondues.