on 21 May 2014
this is a fun toy, but ridiculously heavy, definitely not for a newborn, better suited to children 9 months+
squeezing the octotunes legs are a task in itself, and that is for an adult, could have been built better.
however all that said and done, our baby does like sitting and having staring competitions with it
on 7 April 2008
My little one loves Octotunes. It sits there benignly, getting passed over in favour of toys with more immediate gratification but after a toot or two of the tentacles, everything gets dropped and she sits transfixed with a grin as wide as you like as I belt out a simple tune. It'll be a while before she can muster the strength to get a sound out of it herself but she also has the vanilla scent to keep her interested.
on 29 December 2015
Disappointing. Reviews seem excellent but no baby is going to be playing with this. Each leg is a squeezable "hooter" that each play a different note. Problem is the legs are huge for a baby or even a toddler and require some strength to squeeze. Really don't understand why so many people think this is good, it is not.
on 14 October 2010
My baby and I love this octopus! It was bigger than I thought but probably because he has another octopus (only has 6 legs though! which is one reason why I bought this one) that is smaller. The musical notes keep my baby's attention and he smiles when he hears it. He is 3 months old now so not yet able to squeeze the legs yet but I'm sure he will love it even more when that time comes :)
on 3 August 2015
After adding lots of girly toys to my basket for my baby daughter my husband put his foot down and insisted on adding the Octotunes to my order, and I'm so glad he did. It is a lot larger than the other Lamaze toys but it is a lot of fun, my baby daughter giggles so hard whenever we play with the Octotunes, and it is nice to have something a bit different and a bit musical to play with but without the fuss of batteries etc. It seems very well maid and I can see it lasting a long time, and my baby (and husband) love it very much so I'm really happy with this purchase.
on 11 October 2015
i had to request a refund as they sent two without the scent. did not smell pleasant at all. disappointed as i was looking forward to my daughter receiving this christmas morning. the actually toy is colourful but far too difficult for a baby to press themselves. it would serve just as a teddy until there toddlers plus.
on 17 October 2015
Great toy, one of the legs is out of tune, which if you are musical will annoy you (hence only 4 stars) but husband not to worried about it.
Overall quite big and will be quite sometime till baby can use for them self. Until then I will keep playing some out of tune nursery rhymes!
on 3 February 2014
It may be me but I'm sure this one is smaller than ones I have previously seen in the shops, maybe they've reduced the size recently? Apart from this there is one 'horn' that is out-of-tune which is really annoying! 10 month old has lost interest in this very quickly, maybe a bit cumbersome for this age...
on 29 May 2015
We love the octotunes in out house bought for Christmas and my now 5 months old loves it (well he loves the tags) but anyway I love it haha, It has a beautiful vanilla scent and is very bright and eye catching perfect for any little person, the tags include a little songbook to make tunes
on 2 January 2015
A really lovely toy, well, it's Lamaze. The only downside is that the legs are quite difficult to squeeze and my son, at 15 months finds it difficult to get the toy to make a noise. It's a really lovely toy however, just parents may need to use it for their child. It hsa a lovely vanilla smell.