on 15 September 2007
Our daughter loves this. I bought it for her when she was about 2 months old, but she really started enjoying it when she was better able to deliberately grab stuff. Now she enjoys trying to stuff it all in her mouth!

The peacock is brightly coloured on the front, with black and white patterns on the back - great for newborns. It also has a squeaker and a bell and scrunchy textures too. It seems really well made, with lots of things to explore.
on 31 January 2012
Wasn't quite sure whether to write a review - as I bought this for my parrot! And she loves it!! So five stars for this excellent toy.
on 14 July 2009
I bought Jacques for my baby when she was a few weeks old. She loved the back of him(black and white) then and as the months have gone on she's discovered new bits and has fallen in love with him over and over again. When she was tiny I clipped him to the hood of the pram and she loved watching and reaching up to him. For a while he hung on her cot and she'd fall asleep staring up at him. Now (9 months) he's in her cot along with the rest of her menagerie and she's happy to wake up and have a play in the morning before shouting for me. I'm now used to waking up to the crinkling of his cellophane-lined wings.
on 12 March 2016
I have to admit that I've become a bit of a Lamaze addict. I discovered these toys whilst looking for something that can be used from birth as so many toys cannot be. The Lamaze range is fun, colourful and interesting to baby and Jacques the peacock certainly didn't dissapoint. The bright colors and patterns are great for little ones as are the different textures and sounds. Jacques is one of around 10 Lamaze toys our little one owns and definitely one of her favourites.
on 13 February 2016
I've used jaques peacock for two of my children, he is well-loved! I bought him for my first when he was 8 months old and he liked the colourful side with the different textures, he liked to feel the soft bits and make the crinkle noises, its great for tummy time or having on the playmat. My first is now too old for it so passed it down to my 3 week old and he loves it too, even from such an early age, he likes to stare at the black and white high contrast side, stops him crying sometimes!
on 26 November 2014
Jacques the peacock is an impressive toy with so much to interest a baby.

To start with its got a solid base to help it stand but a single touch from a baby will knock it over, on the 1st feather (left to right) you have a light/dark pink striped colour soft squishy ball and a soft bobbly feel orange squeaky toy, next a yellow striped soft feel rattle with various coloured tassels around it, next a mirror with a red frame and for last multiple feathers vary from small to big, colour and texture/materials.

The product has a massive variety of colours, textures, patterns and a few noises .. there's even patterns on the back of each feather in black and white, patterns including stripes, circles, triangles and squares.

It's had a lot of use by our twins yet has suffered no visible damage, the white clip is strong and has enough flexibility to be connected to other products.

For an adult, it's pleasing to look at and amazing but this is not 1 of our twins ( boy and girl ) favourite/comfort toys but as they have grown older (7 months) it has been seeing more and more use, most of lamaze toys were of no interest to our twins until recently which they use a lot.

Overall this product is superb .. but baby's are unpredictable when it comes to toys they like so I would never pay full retail for this product, if it's on deal get it ! .. the only problem I had with this toy is a massive brand name (lamaze) sown right in the middle .. WONKY!?

This product is also hand wash only.

Hope this review helps, happy purchasing and thanks for reading.
on 4 August 2011
My daughter has been playing with this since she was about 6 weeks old (she's now 5 months) and still hasn't got bored of it.

We clipped it onto the side of her cot and she loves playing with it when she wakes up in the morning. The only down side is that we end up waking up to a loud crinkling noise every morning where she's squeezing it!

I thought that I was taking a chance with this Lamaze toy because there were no user reviews but it has been brilliant and well worth the money.

I have also stuck it in the washing machine when its gotten in the firing line when she's been sick (even though it says wipe with a damp cloth) and it comes out perfectly every time.

A great, fun, bright, durable and practical toy that should keep the little ones (and sometimes the big ones too) amused for hours!
on 6 November 2009
This item is so good i ended up buying 4 of Lamaze products. My grandson loves them and we take them everywhere we go.
on 3 February 2016
I bought this for my grandson and he loves it which is endorsement enough. It is bright and has lots to play with to entertain the babies. I have bought lots of the Lamaze toys and haven't yet found one that isn't nice. They are bright and colourful to attract babies attention and I put it on his stroller and car seat. His favourite is the firefly but this comes a close second with him. I would recommend it to anyone with a baby. ​
VINE VOICEon 1 September 2008
Lamaze have a wide range of items for babies which all seem to work well. Jacques the Peacock contains a wide range of colours, rattles, patterns and textures etc to stimulate baby and keep him interested. The back of his wings are black and white - easy colours for baby to focus on in the early days. When baby is a little older he'll be interested in the front of the wings - they contain different fabric textures, and one wing has a squeaker, one has a rattle, one has a mirror and the fourth one has different fabric inserts on it. There are 'taggie' ribbons around the rattle which babies seem to find fascinating. The large clip means that Stretch can be attached to a pushchair, baby gym etc to keep baby occupied. My 16 week old little boy loves him - even just holding on to him. Highly recommended, 5 stars.