Customer reviews

Style: Rechargeable|Change

on 24 March 2017
One of my favourite items! Give a decent shave, nice and close. I've tried numerous and more expesive shavers than this but this has the edge of them. For the price it is excellent. The only reseon why it gets a 4 and not a 5 is because there is no indicator for when the shaver is charged, which is needed. Its a bit lightweight but works well, I am a black man and this deals with my facial hair well.
on 20 July 2017
What a shaver indeed. No compaints. Just had my shaver delivered and gave it a quick test drive. Cuts closer than my previous shaver did and is so much lighter and easier to use. I considered getting the corded version of this but glad i chose battery pack. As somebody who travels frequently this won't take up any space in my luggage. Now I just need to ensure i keep a spare set of batteries around.

If there was one downside to this product is that it takes an odd number of batteries. Sounds silly but when every other device takes 2 or 4 batteries this is 3 battery set up is going to constantly leave me with one random battery laying around. Buying a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries basically means one will never be in rotation.
on 6 June 2017
suffer from ingrown hairs, so suffer from close wet shaver shaves

been buying these wee shavers for years now, wish i discovered them sooner

so much cheaper than buying those expensive Mach3 blades (or how ever many blades are on them now)

only need to replace this shaver ever two/three years when battery starts to fail or drop it too many times
on 28 June 2016
This the second one of these I have brought, the first being the battery powered one. It does not give you a great close shave but what your left with is good enough. It is excellent for balding and shaving and is quite light and therefore easy to use. My work colleague has brought one based on what he saw (on my head) and is happy with his purchase. It is a bit loud but I can live with that, it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.
on 29 October 2012
Bought this for my husband as his previous one broke down after 8 years! Yes, that's right, he has been using this Shaver trimmer for 8 years before it needed a replacement and he was well pleased to find the exact same model. I was actually shocked that he found the same one given how long it's been around for.

I must also mention that he never gets razor bumps using this one (although he has a sensitive skin) and it delivers perfect results every time. My husband is extremely fussy with the products he uses and the quality of line/shaping. However, this product has never failed him so I would highly recommend it.

Be aware though that the title mentions "afro"; so I'm not sure if the results are the same if you are white/asian/etc. My husband is black and only uses 'afro' products for shaving; when he used 'conventional'/'white' products they did cause irritation.
on 1 February 2017
A must have for grooming. It is perfect size for most shaving jobs, light weight and takes normal batteries and so you are never at a loss for power. I just wished that the battery slide door didn't break so easily.
on 11 January 2016
Review after over a year, this is a good product and cuts well, but does feel a little flimbsy especially the on off switch which has been like it since the first day. The rechargeable battery has now fully died. I am not a barber so it's not something I used every day. Maybe once a week.
on 7 October 2014
disclaimer: african american male

Only after an emergency where I had to shave with an old wet shaver do I now realize how good this shaver is the wet shave left me in bumps which I havent had since using this, My main issues

Cons

-Doesnt get a REALLY skin level shave but close enough
-can leave an ashy face after shave which is bad if you want to shave on the go (but bring lotion i guess)
-Dont clean with water as it will rust FAST

Pros
-Fast, light, easy to use
-good shave
-Almost NO Razor bumps (I got the occasional one or two but i think this is down to skincare regime)
on 15 February 2015
I think this is a very good product, it does trim close enough to give you an almost clean shave. As using this product is helping to prevent shaving bumps, you should not expect a razor shave finish, so you will be left with the tiniest of hairs on some areas of your face when you've finished your trim. But, these hairs will only be noticeable if someone is standing very close to your face.

The battery life per charge seems to be excellent so far, it has lasted well over two weeks since I last charged the trimmer and it still feels that it's going strong and not in need of a recharge just yet. The only downside is that there isn't an indicator on the trimmer to show if the battery is low.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this product if you do not want shaving bumps; your face really does feel and look clear and fresh after using this trimmer. Big thumbs up to Wahl for making a product that is for Afro-type facial hair.
on 3 May 2013
Better than a Wahl Bald Trimmer, ( 1 ) its cheaper & ( 2 ) it don't cut you or tear lumps out of your head.
I'm a white man and have been looking for a trimmer that will give me a super short hair cut for whats left of my hair.
The only reason I give it four stars is the lack of a charging light and there is nothing to tell you you need to recharge.
I have only used it once and can say without hesitation that its the best trim I have had, time will tell how good it really is but for now I am a happy teddy.