on 16 January 2017
I broke my wrist and found it very difficult to regain strength in my wrist. I bought this and used for several months and found it worked wonders. I'm now back in the gym and able to lift just as much as I was before. It does get a bit noisey sometimes if you are really going for it, but I'd imagine you wouldn't use this in environment that you wouldn't want to make noise.

The counter is a great feature and it helps you manage how well you are progressing. At first it does take a while to perfect the movement, but keep going at it, and you will learn! After a few weeks you will be able to get it moving without using the string, just spin the ball with your fingers and start the movement.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2017
Had this a week now and have certainly found an improvement in my hands and shoulders. Decades of knitting/crochet and then computer input have taken their toll. Every so often my thumbs are stiff and painful making everyday tasks difficult. Opening jars is a struggle at the best of times. It didn't take long to work out how to start the ball and keep it going. I bought the carry case and extra cordones together so I can store the ball safely and don't have to keep hunting for the cords - 2 come with it but they have a habit of sneaking off! Well worth the money. Not sure about the fun but perhaps that will come as my hands get even stronger.
on 21 September 2015
This is good for rehab and building strength in the hand/wrist, arm and shoulder, I've recommended it to a few friends for various ailments. The only thing is the method to start this is tricky, there is a pull cord, it takes a while to get the knack of it, I seem to struggle but have friends who have no problem and all in between. There are some quite helpful videos on YouTube that show how to start it. Don't let that put you off though, this is a great bit of kit and does what it says.
One person found this helpful
on 14 June 2014
What can I say, the title sums it up really! This is an extremely good arm workout, especially when on the strength setting, which forces you to keep the RPM high for a period of 30,60 or 90 seconds. I bought this under recommendation from a friend of mine to improve my strength for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and I have to say it really does help. Once you get the ball going it is really hard to hold onto, thus improving your grip strength. I can also feel the benefits in my forearms mostly, but can be used to work shoulders by holding your arm 90 degrees from your body, or above your head.

The beat your own score function is great fun and keeps you going back for more.

It can be difficult at first to get the ball moving. My best advice for this is to rotate your hand at the wrist SLOWLY and feel the ball pick up speed. As it picks up speed flick your wrist as if turning a doorknob and you will feel it really speed up.

Be warned though, I got blisters on my fingers within about 15 mins of using it so go easy at first.

It's a great item for improving your grip and working your arms, and also very fun to use.
One person found this helpful
on 16 February 2012
As a young person, interested in computing and programming I surely spend a lot of time typing on a keyboard and although I do exercise daily, after a long period of intensive work (140wpm max and average is not much lower) I can feel tension in the wrists(sadly genetics also play a role here). RSI was getting kind of scary so I searched ways to prevent it. Considered getting a powerball for a long time, I finally decided to buy one and my choice was the Powerball 250hz Pro.
Firstly I was thinking of buying the metal version, but spending so much money on something I wasn't sure I'll use was impossible so I stopped on that one - the screamer is silly imo, the neon although cool and impressive can get annoying after a while when you just want to use the powerball while multitasking and the competing spirit of the powerball just makes it impossible to pass the counter.
The problem with powerball is people misunderstanding and misusing it. The miracle claims that it would transform your body are just laughable as there are way better ways to accomplish your fitness goals (at the price of a 1 month gym membership the comparison is just not fair) it is after all devised as an exercise tool so 2 hours of the max rpm you can sustain is not a particularly smart idea(tbh its downright stupid) the first time you try it. The thing I find it useful for is strengthening weak wrists and warming down wrists after workout or possibly substituting one(wrists, forearm, grip mainly) and doing something different for a change .
Having played around with it I think that in-between work sessions it might be good but for me a piece of powdered Blu-Tack(about 1/2 the size of a powerball and not sticky or dirty) is better at wrist RSI prevention. As a toy powerball is fun and competitive but you should take care as it has potential for injury.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2014
Really useful bit of kit. I bought it to reduce problems with my wrists and then to help strengthen my hands and arms for arm balances it feels to have helped. Feels to have helped enough to get me to shell out for the 350hz chrome diablo version for a harder workout.

It gets 3 stars as from day one it's been really noisy and the battery ran out in the counter after a day or two. The diablo has arrived and is so quiet...
on 2 December 2015
Poor quality looking packaging. It looks like something you'd get in a Barbon show or pound land.... opening it got no better. There was a lose cd rattling around inside - no cover so it's scratched and unusable

This was bought as a gift but frankly the packaging alone makes it embarrassing to give.

I will be returning and asking for a refund
on 14 January 2012
I bought this for my wife who suffers from RSI, it is too early to tell if it is working but the product it's self is excellent. It comes with a mini DVD with some video's to show you how to use it, it took us a couple of attempts to get it going the first time but once you have the knack - very small gentle movements to start with - it is very easy.
Only negative is that it is slightly too large for my wife to hold completely comfortably, a minor niggle and probably only an issue to people with particularly small hands.
on 15 May 2017
Really helping my sprained wrist recovery. Has been a frustrating time but recovery has sped up since using this product
on 6 November 2017
Well built, sturdy, quality item. After two minutes of using it, felt it in the forearms. Lots of different excercises possible.