2,020
Size: 5 Port|Change

on 17 April 2012
I purchased the switch to add extra ports behind my TV set-up. I have the TP-Link Powerline TL-PA211KIT, purchased from Amazon, which is plugged in behind my TV. I have an ethernet cable running from the Powerline to the switch and then have ethernet cables from the switch to a Freesat Box, WD Live TV and TV. It works perfectly and makes for an efficient and tidy set-up. I am very happy and would recommend this product.
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2012
TP-Link 5-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Mini Desktop Switch (TL-SF1005D) Plastic Case

if you are trying to connect the internet to more than one device, ie tv, surround sound etc, and you have only one ethernet cable.
then this switch is ideal, as you only need to connect all your ethernet cables to it, and the switch does the rest.
Excellent product and well worth the price.
on 12 June 2012
This is a wonderful item and saved me a lot of money. I bought a new internet enabled TV and a new Sky HD 1TB box. My router is in another room and to buy the suppliers' dongles to connect both boxes would have have cost about £150. Instead, I bought the TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack and this little box here (£8.65 at the time) and connected them up. And Hey! It worked first time. Saved over £100 and then I did the same thing in another room, except this time I only had to buy a TP-Link TL-PA211 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Single Pack(£21 at the time) and this again saved me over £100. Wonderful. Please note I am not a Techie - all I had to do was connect a few pieces of kit into sockets (the power sockets were all UK sockets). I would recommend this to anyone wanting to connect a TV or a sky box to to the internet.
on 10 December 2010
Firstly, a lot of reviews complain saying that it comes with a European plug, I have had no such qualms, I bought two of these and they came with a UK transformer so no problem there. It worked instantaneously, I plugged the surprisingly small unit in (its about the size of a DS lite) and it powered up in seconds and connects both my laptop and my freesat HD box to the internet. The only downside is that it has a very cheap plastic feel to it, however, given the extraordinary price this is a very minor problem. Not enough to loose a star.
What more can I say, it has five Ethernet ports so I can connect four devices to the main router from it. They all work swimmingly. Does what it says on the tin

I would recommend this to anyone, it has worked perfectly for me and if it doesn't work for you then you have only lost a negligible amount of money

^
I made that review 10 months ago and they both still work perfectly, very dependable very reliable very cheap
1717 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2011
Cheap, simple and superb value for money. Don't let the plasic case deter you, as this is an excellent purchase for something that'll be "forgotten" about when in use. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - trust me, you won't need to spend any more money on something "better" than this :)
on 18 December 2011
I have various media devices in the lounge - TV, Foxsat HDR, Apple TV, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360 - that all need internet connection. I already had run a 20m Ethernet cable from the router to the Foxsat and really didn't want to run several more cables (having run it under the edge of the carpet and having already been spiked too many times by the gripper rods :-) ) . Bought this, plugged it in, plugged in the main Ethernet feed and then patch cables from each port to each device and hey presto connectivity all round. Works a treat - in fact so well I forgot I had it when I got the email to ask me to write a review - I think that says it all. Cheap solution to avoid multiple cable runs
on 7 February 2016
I have just finished installing my 16 port switch and can say the hardest thing I had to do was to fit the rj45 connectors in the back. That meaning that it was so simple to use. After turning it on and leaving it 5 mins it configured itselfs and my home network was up and running across my house.

I wasn't sure if this box would work because it was so cheap and seemed to easy but it works wonders. Love it so it gets 5 stars

Great build and easy install.
review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 13 July 2015
I needed a small Ethernet Switch to manage wired connections for my PC & PS4, this tiny little box suits my needs perfectly.

The unit really is tiny, when I opened the packaging I was surprised how small it was. At only 105mm long x 70mm wide x 15mm deep, it's easy to hide. I attached mine to the wall behind my desk using a four small sticky Velcro pads, it's brilliant (see photo). The white and gloss grey finish gives the unit a premium look, it certainly wouldn't look out of place if you had sat on your desktop.

The switch is Plug & Play, and it performs well too. I haven't experienced any dropped connections, or any other technical problems for that matter, it does what it's supposed to do without being noticed.

If you are looking for an Ethernet Switch to manage up to four devices, the TP-LINK TL-SF1005D is perfect, especially at this price!
review image
on 29 January 2011
Quite simply does the job for a really cheap price. Internet to computer, Xbox and PS3 all through a single 100Mb link spilt via this little device. Easy to install, just plug and play.
on 4 April 2011
This was so cheap I didn't really expect too much ,but it is great.It splits my broadband in four different directions with no setting up hassle .Just plug it up and away it goes,superb little device.