Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Colour: China Reds Bearings x8|Size: 2 x 0.5 x 2|Change

on 19 July 2013
These are the smoothest bearing ive ever had, I will most likely never buy anything else.
My board has near infinite roll. So easy to clean aswell.

Whether you've been skating for weeks or years, these are well worth buying.
on 28 August 2015
NOTE: I'm modifying my previous 5* review of what I thought were genuine Bones Reds. Please read for an explanation.

I've been using Bones Reds for a very long time and they are beautiful bearings, however the supplier I purchased from delivered non-genuine bearings to me. I appreciate this might not be their fault, but I'd recommend you purchase these bearings from somewhere you trust rather than online.

Before I knew these were fakes, I'd assembled my board and had already started riding. I visited my local skate shop later and purchased another set of Bones Reds just for the sake of having a replacement in the case of too much wear/tear on the ones I was already using.

After a few rides (under 10), my board started rattling really loudly when I was riding it. At first I thought it was just a simple case of tightening a few nuts here and there; I tried this but to no avail. Then I thought I'd replace the bearings and see if that helped at all...

I opened the new set and laid them out and prepared them. As I started removing the previously used bearings I put them side-by-side with the new ones and noticed the difference immediately. As you can see in the picture, the difference is very distinct - and is not because of wear. The real bearings that I'd purchased from my skate store for £20 are pictured on the right, and have thicker metal rims and a very different internal composition (for example, you can actually see the ball bearings in all of them). On the other hand the fakes (right) are all very inconsistent in their transparency. I tested the spin by putting two wheels on with both of the different sets and the real ones spun for around 35 seconds without further treatment and the fakes spun for 15 (do factor in prior wear as well, so maybe 20 at best).

Bones China Reds are tried and tested by the community and are incredibly good products, however I am leaving an honest review of the product I received - and it was this: usable at first, then absolutely balls.

I am not the first person to report to receiving false Bones bearings ordered from Amazon - someone ordered the Ceramic £80 bearings and received false bearings from the (albeit different) supplier also. I've since binned the ones I got from Amazon and will be sticking to purchasing in-store.

tl;dr: Thought they were real, they were fake. Replaced with genuine Reds and my board suddenly started working like a charm.
review image
33 Comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2010
Great bearings as anyone will tell you, definitely beats the mediocre ABEC-5's I had in my complete before.
I recommend buying the Bones Speed Cream too to ensure endurance and a smooth experience.
Mine arrived from Enemite very quickly (the next day in fact) so the service is great too :)
This product is a fake. There are obvious differences in the packaging, the sticker and most of all in the bearing quality. We have compared them with genuine Bones Bearings and they are definitely fakes!
on 5 June 2016
Awful, the ones I received were clear fakes. I had one break within less than a week and only skating them for around 8 hours. No ridiculous tricks or high air, just classic cruising and fakies up small ramps skating at the park. I would recommend buying them from an official skate shop.
on 7 March 2016
Awesome bearings. nearly two years on and they are still running great. I skate indoors every weekend (quad skates) and they get very dusty. With regular cleaning and re-greasing they'll last ages. I have recommended them to loads of my mates and they all love them!
on 13 April 2013
I didn't actually buy these from Amazon, I got mine from my local skate shop. These are like riding on butter, just glide along. Don't settle for anything else than Bones Reds. Just Don't.
on 26 November 2016
Can't go wrong with these bearings. These are the third set I've bought and have never had a problem with them. If you're looking for some reliable bearings that don't cost the world these are for you.
on 25 June 2016
I brought these thinking it's good value for money which isn't bad. After a week of using them in my board they've become noisy and have worn down.
I would suggest purchasing different bearing that are more likely to withstand general use for longer.
on 7 November 2014
Really good bearings, I would recommend this item to anyone who is into skateboarding and are looking for some good bearings. I am pleased with this product and I am very pleased with the price that I paid.