Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 17 June 2010
Have now had this product for 3 months and found it excellent. It sems to be well made and so far have no complaints. The only issue I would have are the dimensions quoted - these include the handle which is no use if you are looking for a board that will accept a larger puzzle. Internal dimensions are 79cm by 54cm.
11 Comment| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2007
I love doing puzzles but hadn't done any for a while since I have two kittens and a young child, which have resulted in a few half-done puzzle as ending up on the floor. This product has made life a lot easier. The trays are great for laying out all the pieces and being able to zip it up when I leave the room has saved many mishaps.

The main drawback is its size. I had 3 1000-piece puzzles in my cupboard waiting to be done, but only one of them fits on this Portapuzzle. That puzzle is 49 x 69cm and only just fits widthwise. That said, I don't think I could sit comfortably with the Portapuzzle on my lap if it were any larger and so do not wish to purchase a larger one (if it exists).

One time I had it zipped on its side for a while and when I opened it some of the pieces along the bottom edge slipped out. I think this is because the puzzle was right near the edge and it had taken a few knocks.

From now on I will be careful to only buy puzzles to fit this Portapuzzle and will only store it horizontally when there is a puzzle inside. It is a shame it has these limitations, but taking them into consideration I still think I will be using this Portapuzzle happily for many years to come.
11 Comment| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2010
Great for doing jigsaws in bed, which is where I have the most space. Before, I had a whiteboard I was doing jigsaws on, but it usually got covered in dust and gunk quite easily, so I was looking for something else. I have a jigroll, but I hate sitting on the floor (too many damn spiders about) so I bought the Portapuzzle Deluxe. Easily the best jigsaw buy I ever made. I have a couple of 1000 piece puzzles that don't fit, but I can easily do those on the jigroll, and the Portapuzzle is great for doing smaller jigsaws too (i usually do 500 piece ones).

I usually fold it back on itself, and if there's a jigsaw in it, I usually leave it folded like that on top of my guinea pigs cage, or on top of the chest of drawers, with the loose boards placed on top of the pieces to keep them together and prevent me losing any. Haven't lost a piece yet!

Mine appears to be well made, and I can make up bits of the jigsaw and move them around as needed, no problems there. I've read a few reviews that said it was too big...what size did you expect it to be? And as for saying it's not like the description...they tell you exactly, you have the two main bits that zip together, and two loose boards. The only downside to the Portapuzzle is, unlike the Jigsort, you can't remove the tray you do the jigsaw on, but then, the Jigsort is far more expensive and to be honest, I think it's great for the price. The whiteboard has gone to my mother! Far better than the Portapuzzle standard, and far cheaper than the Jigsort. I'm glad I bought it.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2008
This is a brilliant idea. Sitting down making your puzzle, all of a sudden, dinner's ready, need to clear the table and put your jigsaw away from the kids reach. Zip it up, tip it up on its side and down the back of the couch with it - all in under a minute. A fantastic product and only sorry it wasn't available growing up when it would have been my Mother looking for her table back and not my wife!!! Only limitation is its size, you get addicted to jigsaws and want to go bigger, now you need a bigger puzzle board!! Well done to the person who invented this - I hope you make a fortune!
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2006
Excellent product, a must for all puzzlers out there! Makes storing an incomplete puzzle so easy - don't know how I ever survived without one.
on 6 June 2009

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so space is very limited. This is an excellent, sturdy case for my current jigsaw. I still haven't completed it, but can zip it up and store it under my bed until the next time. I am delighted with this product.
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2009
Does what is is supposed to do in a very stylish way. We have never had jigsaw pieces fall even though when half way through a puzzle we keep it up right. The Boards are great for separating the pieces we are working on at that time. Would recommend it.
on 30 December 2010
Just in process of sending the 2nd one of these back.

Above says dimensions of 82 x 63 x 4 cm. Packaging on item stated 69 x 48cm leading us to believe we had been sent this by mistake -
Jumbo Portapuzzle Standard 1000 Pieces

Upon checking the 2nd one received, exactly the same as the first, we unpacked and measured it. It seems this was the correct one after all as it actually measured 79 x 54 cm. Obviously not the standard one as much bigger than it's own packaging states but not big enough for the puzzle purchased when using Amazon's dimensions.

Please get it right Amazon....will make life easier for you as well as us!
11 Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2014
Whilst visiting my brother I used his Portapuzzle and was impressed enough to make a purchase. I still have it and it is very good allowing the jigsaw to be laid nice and flat etc. I liked it that much I purchased a 2nd for my wife but this one didn't allow the jigsaw to lay flat, too much material covering the base causing the jigsaw parts to rise. Sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. However, the replacement had the same problem so it was returned and I am waiting on a refund. If quality control was in place ensuring the covering on the base was at the correct tension, this would be a very good product. Service from Amazon has been fast and efficient so thanks Amazon.
on 7 January 2014
I bought this jumbo portapuzel case for a present for my wife to replace old piece of plywood she has been using for years. the delivery was fast , the concept of item great , the construction and look fantastic.the ability for storing part assembled jig saw fantastic.. WHY THEN ONE STAR , the softness of the padded work surface undoes all the prior good points making it difficult to assemble a jig saw and pieces keep coming apart. not as bad as making up a jigsaw on a duvet but nearly. my good lady has reverted to using the old piece of plywood on top of the kitchen table. then i have to put it under the bed when not in-use
after this I should change my public name to grumpy old man , but if you read the rest of my reviews they are all honest and good.
66 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse