on 15 June 2011
This is the updated mount for the Garmin 705, which looks like it should address the weaknesses of the previous design. Specifically, the locking tab has been beefed up a bit and everything is just more solid-feeling.
on 25 July 2012
Purchased for a second bike, so I can easily swap the Garmin over without having to remove the bracket as well.
The retaining clip for the GPS is far better than the one that came in the original packing.
on 23 December 2013
Does what it says, mounts your edge 705 to the bars.
These mounts are a necessary evil as you must use them to hold the Garmin on your bike.
They are however absolutely useless. and don't last 5 minutes.
Thank goodness Garmin had the good sense to re-design these for the 800 series.
on 29 September 2011
I was bought a Garmin Forerunner 305 (which is fab) as a present. I was also bought this bike mount to enable me to mount the unit onto my bike. BE WARNED - this unit does NOT attach the Forerunner 305 unit to your bike. I read earlier feedback and Aaron (July 2010) says the same thing. Apparently, this unit attaches the CADENCE UNIT to your bike, not the 305 unit itself. The product does look well made however, but just beware - the description on the website is inaccurate/ misleading.
on 17 July 2013
It holds my Garmin edge securely enough. It raises the garmin high enough so that it it is higher than the stem end plate, so I don't think there should ever be a problem with your stem length being to short for a garmin (I only mention this because someone raised this to me a possible problem).
The plastics are of good quality and it does feel unbreakable. So why only 4 stars? Simply that the use of cable ties means that you need one per bike....perhaps my own fault for having so many bikes!
on 19 November 2013
I purchased this in order to attach to a second bike. The quality I found to be inferior to that of the original one i purchased for my first bike, in that the tab release broke off in a matter of weeks. Whereas with my original mount the tab lasted a couple of years before breaking. I still use it as it still holds the Edge in place, just not locked in place. It is easy enough to attach to the stem and holds the Edge unit away from the headset. I have found lately that over rough ground the unit can turn itself off. I don't know if this is due to either a faulty unit or that the shock on the unit having attached it to the stem is too much for it.
on 3 April 2014
Part of the original Garmin mount broke so that the Satnav was no longer locked in position. This is the manufacturer's replacement so fits perfectly and my Satnav is secure, and no danger of dropping off.
on 8 July 2010
To be clear, there is nothing wrong with this item however i was after the Bike Mount for my Garmin 305 to enable me to attach this to my headstock. However when i received this item i was baffled as to how i would mount the GPS device onto this piece of kit. Then i realised, this picee of kit is for mounting the Cadence monitor that works with the GPS device to the bike.

If you are looking to attach your GPS to the headstock on your bike, this piece of kit is NOT for you. You require the bike mount priced at around £16 which can be purcahsed on this site.

Hope this helps!

PS i have used this item to attach my cadence monitor to my bike
on 13 May 2012
My original mount broke but this replacement was identical to the one supplied by Garmin so it was no problem to assemble and holds the 205 securely. Very pleased, it does the job.
on 26 April 2012
I bought my Garmin 2nd hand & the mounts it came with seemed 'plasticky' & brittle, but that could just be down to age. The new one seems more robust & was simple to fit. Pricey though, hence only 4 stars.