on 29 January 2011
I was a little dubious about 'shaving oil', and my suspicions appeared confirmed when I massaged the 2/3 drops recommended on to my chin and didn't end up looking like I was ready for a body building competition however it quickly became apparent that this shave oil does what it says it does. That was the easiest and least irritating shave I have ever had. It's probably the closest as well.

I'll be using this from now on.

five stars
*****
on 25 April 2011
King of Shaves have always been the best for me. I get a very close shave and do not suffer razor burn either. Travelling a great deal means the size is very easy to accommodate in my case.
on 30 July 2011
Once you try this, you will never go back. SMOOTH SMOOTH shave, it simplifies shaving. skin feel smooth in both directions. Buy it an thank me
on 27 July 2012
I was put onto shaving oil a few years back, and haven't looked back since. The shave is really smooth and effortless assuming that you have your technique down - shave with the grain before shaving against it (something I don't think the 1 star review guy did). I have been a using King of Shaves for ages, and it's great. The smell of this particular one is nice (the dark blue one smells like motor oil) and you can even skip the after-shave if you want to. The aloe means there is no irritation, and the tea tree oil prevents razor burn and heals up any nicks quickly. The size is great for travelling through airports. Highly recommended.
on 23 May 2014
I've been using this stuff for a few years now and swear by it. I used to get bad razor burn using standard shaving gels and foams (Gillette was the worst!) and took a punt on this. I wouldn't say I've got sensitive skin, but I do sometimes find products that don't suit and leave the skin dry and itchy. No such problem with this (even the non-sensitive version).

For the uninitiated, you wet your face and your hands with warm water, put two or three drops in your palms and rub into your stubble then shave normally (I go with the grain for the first pass, apply a few more drops and go against the grain to finish off). I usually shave then have a shower. On occasion when I shower then shave (you know, like when you forget beforehand!), it's even nicer as the stubble has softened more, but I tend to then use a face wash to clean off the oil (though apparently it's ok to simply wipe off as it's supposed to moisturise the skin).

I love the fact that you can see where you're shaving (useful with beards/designer stubble etc). It's great for travelling as it's sooo small (the bottle is only a few centimetres tall). Finally, it lasts for ages. Even when nearly finished, the dregs with a drop of water are enough for a shave or two.

Highly recommended!
on 17 April 2012
I can't fault the oil. I am very supprised how just a few drops make shaving so much easier. (I don't like shaving)
I use the oil with a wet n dry rotary shaver in the shower and the razor glides much more easily. (I still don't like shaving though)

My complaint is with the delivery, it took forever. First I got an email to say it wasn't in stock, after I had paid for it. This really bugs me as there is more than one company selling a specific product, and if they haven't got it they should give me the option to buy elsewhere insted of just taking my money. When I got an email to say it was back in stock it still took around another week to turn up.

Will buy again but probably from another Amazon store.

Cheers.
on 17 March 2014
bought this as pre-shave to use with an electric shaver,i have sensitive skin and i thought it would improve my shave.This was not the case awful to apply impossible to spread a couple of drops over entire face and it made skin burn my neck looked like i had applied deep heat,utter rubbish!!!!!!!
77 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2014
As always, king of shaves have produced a brilliant product. It helps stop razorburn massively, and is the best shave oil I've found. It does last for ages as well! Just remember that you still will need shave foam or gel for a shave.
on 23 February 2013
One container lasts me 5-6 weeks, I use it with a Gillette Fusion and get the best shave ever. I shave in the shower after washing and no longer suffer from dry facial skin, because it conditions the skin. Better than any cream or gel and at 52 I've tried many of these having been shaving for a goodly while.

It's ultra convenient for travel too, whether you are going 5 star or camping out of a back pack or even a soldier on ops or exercise.

It's worth knowing that If you do run out, at a push you can put olive oil or even sunflower oil in the container, which works very well too - better than gels, creams or foams, I've done this for 6 months whilst travelling, but the Kings oil is better yet.
on 5 December 2015
Item arrived on time, however this is the first time I have used this type of item in about 10 years from the same company.
I found the item very watery and had to use 4 times amount of oil/water when shaving and I have not got a heavy beard are anything like this.

When I used this product 10 years ago it was a lot thicker in oil and gave a really smooth shave.
So I found this product is just basically watered down, will not be purchasing this named product again, plus it was well over priced
being so watered down.
However it did give a smooth shave only when using 4 times amount of water based oil when shaving and I only require a light shave.

Very disappointing only used this item twice so far in 6 weeks...