on 29 January 2011
I was a little dubious about 'shaving oil', and my suspicions appeared confirmed when I massaged the 2/3 drops recommended on to my chin and didn't end up looking like I was ready for a body building competition however it quickly became apparent that this shave oil does what it says it does. That was the easiest and least irritating shave I have ever had. It's probably the closest as well.

I'll be using this from now on.

five stars
*****
on 25 April 2011
King of Shaves have always been the best for me. I get a very close shave and do not suffer razor burn either. Travelling a great deal means the size is very easy to accommodate in my case.
on 30 July 2011
Once you try this, you will never go back. SMOOTH SMOOTH shave, it simplifies shaving. skin feel smooth in both directions. Buy it an thank me
on 27 July 2012
I was put onto shaving oil a few years back, and haven't looked back since. The shave is really smooth and effortless assuming that you have your technique down - shave with the grain before shaving against it (something I don't think the 1 star review guy did). I have been a using King of Shaves for ages, and it's great. The smell of this particular one is nice (the dark blue one smells like motor oil) and you can even skip the after-shave if you want to. The aloe means there is no irritation, and the tea tree oil prevents razor burn and heals up any nicks quickly. The size is great for travelling through airports. Highly recommended.
on 21 June 2010
This product was okay but I still had shaving burn. It did make my skin very soft and silky after so all in all I would recommend it I was just a bit fed up at still having some burn.
on 17 April 2012
I can't fault the oil. I am very supprised how just a few drops make shaving so much easier. (I don't like shaving)
I use the oil with a wet n dry rotary shaver in the shower and the razor glides much more easily. (I still don't like shaving though)

My complaint is with the delivery, it took forever. First I got an email to say it wasn't in stock, after I had paid for it. This really bugs me as there is more than one company selling a specific product, and if they haven't got it they should give me the option to buy elsewhere insted of just taking my money. When I got an email to say it was back in stock it still took around another week to turn up.

Will buy again but probably from another Amazon store.

Cheers.
on 14 June 2014
I found that I was getting through the oil much more quickly since the Remington takeover. And having found an old container of it, the difference was immediately apparent. I'm now looking for an alternative. A pity, but this often happens to products where the producer is taken over, particularly by American (USA) companies.
on 5 April 2016
I was introduced to this shaving oil by my son and I find that it works very well. I will admit that it took some getting used to it after years of using shaving cream which forms the white lather which you then shave off. You have to train yourself to only spread 2 or 3 drops over you face before shaving, the temptation is to use far too much. The razor will then glide over your face without damaging the skin underneath. A bonus is that you don't get that thick soapy residue stuck in all parts of your razor, it's much easier to keep it clean. I've found that a small bottle lasts me for ages. I also find it is very useful to take on holiday as the small bottle takes up no room in the clear plastic bag and there is no need to take a shaving brush with you.
on 5 December 2015
Item arrived on time, however this is the first time I have used this type of item in about 10 years from the same company.
I found the item very watery and had to use 4 times amount of oil/water when shaving and I have not got a heavy beard are anything like this.

When I used this product 10 years ago it was a lot thicker in oil and gave a really smooth shave.
So I found this product is just basically watered down, will not be purchasing this named product again, plus it was well over priced
being so watered down.
However it did give a smooth shave only when using 4 times amount of water based oil when shaving and I only require a light shave.

Very disappointing only used this item twice so far in 6 weeks...
on 21 July 2013
This was for my husband following the purchase of a new electric shaver. He had used this before and was very pleased with quick deliver and price.