on 23 February 2013
One container lasts me 5-6 weeks, I use it with a Gillette Fusion and get the best shave ever. I shave in the shower after washing and no longer suffer from dry facial skin, because it conditions the skin. Better than any cream or gel and at 52 I've tried many of these having been shaving for a goodly while.

It's ultra convenient for travel too, whether you are going 5 star or camping out of a back pack or even a soldier on ops or exercise.

It's worth knowing that If you do run out, at a push you can put olive oil or even sunflower oil in the container, which works very well too - better than gels, creams or foams, I've done this for 6 months whilst travelling, but the Kings oil is better yet.
on 4 June 2017
Excellent size but not particularly effective: painful shave.
on 27 August 2013
Love this product, Gives a great shave and lasts for a long time.
Would highly recommend it. Clean and fresh to use.
on 29 January 2011
I was a little dubious about 'shaving oil', and my suspicions appeared confirmed when I massaged the 2/3 drops recommended on to my chin and didn't end up looking like I was ready for a body building competition however it quickly became apparent that this shave oil does what it says it does. That was the easiest and least irritating shave I have ever had. It's probably the closest as well.

I'll be using this from now on.

five stars
*****
on 25 April 2011
King of Shaves have always been the best for me. I get a very close shave and do not suffer razor burn either. Travelling a great deal means the size is very easy to accommodate in my case.
on 27 July 2012
I was put onto shaving oil a few years back, and haven't looked back since. The shave is really smooth and effortless assuming that you have your technique down - shave with the grain before shaving against it (something I don't think the 1 star review guy did). I have been a using King of Shaves for ages, and it's great. The smell of this particular one is nice (the dark blue one smells like motor oil) and you can even skip the after-shave if you want to. The aloe means there is no irritation, and the tea tree oil prevents razor burn and heals up any nicks quickly. The size is great for travelling through airports. Highly recommended.
on 30 July 2011
Once you try this, you will never go back. SMOOTH SMOOTH shave, it simplifies shaving. skin feel smooth in both directions. Buy it an thank me
on 21 June 2010
This product was okay but I still had shaving burn. It did make my skin very soft and silky after so all in all I would recommend it I was just a bit fed up at still having some burn.
on 23 May 2014
I've been using this stuff for a few years now and swear by it. I used to get bad razor burn using standard shaving gels and foams (Gillette was the worst!) and took a punt on this. I wouldn't say I've got sensitive skin, but I do sometimes find products that don't suit and leave the skin dry and itchy. No such problem with this (even the non-sensitive version).

For the uninitiated, you wet your face and your hands with warm water, put two or three drops in your palms and rub into your stubble then shave normally (I go with the grain for the first pass, apply a few more drops and go against the grain to finish off). I usually shave then have a shower. On occasion when I shower then shave (you know, like when you forget beforehand!), it's even nicer as the stubble has softened more, but I tend to then use a face wash to clean off the oil (though apparently it's ok to simply wipe off as it's supposed to moisturise the skin).

I love the fact that you can see where you're shaving (useful with beards/designer stubble etc). It's great for travelling as it's sooo small (the bottle is only a few centimetres tall). Finally, it lasts for ages. Even when nearly finished, the dregs with a drop of water are enough for a shave or two.

Highly recommended!
on 21 July 2013
This was for my husband following the purchase of a new electric shaver. He had used this before and was very pleased with quick deliver and price.