Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

on 7 January 2011
We bought this heater to replace another heater that has been worse than useless to heat our conservatory. This new unit is similar to a much loved Philips that died. This is an excellent unit. The frost setting is at a lower setting than that on the one it replaces so it does not click in every few minutes. The blower is very effective and has rapidly heated our conservatory about 2.9m x 4.3m even during the recent extreme conditions. There is a sufficient range of settings on the thermostat dial to run from frost setting up to "strip off and get into the swim suits". We are very happy and would recommend it to anyone wanting a similar heater of moderate cost but brilliant performance
on 24 June 2011
Mine has lasted a few years now and the design feels solid and the plastic is good and thick. It's not silent but much quieter than my last fan heater. As it's 3kW it can heat a room very quickly.
on 2 October 2012
This is functionally effective and a very good price.I wanted this for the bedroom so the noise of it through the night, as the thermastat kicks in, can be intrussive. I have habituated to it but the noise is in bursts so it is not regular. The heater is easy to control and works best if you blast it to heat the room to the temperature wanted then lower the heat to just below the point the thermastat clicks off. This is better than trying it on a lower setting and increasing the heat bit by bit. I find it also spreads warmth best if raised, on a stool or box.
on 15 December 2009
I wanted a 3 kw fan heater for my conservatory and Which? recommended this one.
I am very pleased with it. It is quiet and throws out a good amount of heat.
It has a thermostatic control and also cold half heat and full heat settings.
It is very light and neat so when not in use it stands up out of the way very nicely.
on 10 March 2016
For years, I kept purchasing the smaller 2KW heaters from various companies. You know the ones I mean...they are white, with two dials and are inexpensive and compact. In a month or two, they start to smell a bit wonky, they cannot really heat larger drafty rooms, they get knocked over and break and worse, they rattle loudly when in operation. Then, on the coldest day of the year (usually) they decide to pack up and stop working completely and off to the electrical tip they go! I found myself replacing these heaters at least once a year. This time, I decided to get a 3KW heater for one of our larger rooms after another 2KW shutting down. I have been using it a few days now. It is compact, relatively quiet with a soft whirring (no propellor noise like the cheaper ones), no smell of burning plastic and heats the room quickly. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this heater. Just wish I had thought to spend the extra money for a better 3 KW model in the first place. It really is working like a charm. (If it ends up not being a great item...I will post an update.) For now, it is toasty in here and quiet... despite the cold gusts blowing outside...superb. :)
Update: Still going strong and still quiet. The plug does get quite hot, so be aware of that and do not put it near any furniture but that is true of any appliance. Would still recommend this as it looks like it weathered the end of winter like a champ. No more 2KWs!
on 28 November 2013
Much better than most other heaters at this price.
Thermostatic control works nicely.
Beware the raw power if you put it on full.
IRan full in a very cold room, and forgot it for an hour.
The result was a nasty burn in the socket and the plug. (have a photo but the review form doesn't allow it)
As a test, ran it again plugged into the 30 amp cooker circuit with nothing else running and after 10 mins the plug and socket were hot.....
So basically this is just too powerful for the average domestic ring main ---- on full power it is a fire risk!
Lesson. Use it on 2Kw., or with the thermostat at a low setting.
on 29 November 2013
Have used it for some 6 weeks, and it heats us up in a large living room easily. These are designed to heat up people quickly rather than the room, and the room goes cold quickly once the heater is turned off.

Just a tad noisy, hence a star is taken off; cannot have it operating whilst on the phone. But it certainly pushes out the heat even on setting 1 (half power, i.e. 1500w). Its not been colder to check out the heating at full power.
on 12 February 2012
This is a very noisy fan and not a lot of heat, I purchased this to replace an old Wickes 3kw heater.
This Glen heater is 4 times as noisy and half the heat of the old one.
As other people have mentioned the thermostat turns off even when the room is still cold.

Save Your Money
on 10 March 2010
This is a very good sturdy heater. Watch out when you first use it that you put it down flat and not on the edge. The air intake can be mistaken for the heater outlet.
on 13 February 2012
I did not expect much when I bought it , but was pleased with the warm level that provides. I bought it coz my heater system had a problem . it is good to be like a back up for you system if things went wrong in that freezing weather. small and took small space . it can turn your room into warm room in a minute or less.
loved it , and recommended it.