on 3 October 2016
DO NOT BUY THIS HEATER!!!!!!!

I'VE HAD THIS THING FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE PLUG GETS REALLY HOT, THERE'S BURN MARKS ON THE PLUG AND NOW WHEN THE HEATER IS ON FULL POWER IT SHOOTS OUT SPARKS!!!!

SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
12 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2016
This heater is ok and does what you expect. It is rather noisy though and I find the control very hard to read. It is coloured grey on grey and the foreground and background colours are virtually identical. The only way you can read it is by holding it up to the light or by touch, as it's a bit like braille and slightly embossed on the surface. Fortunately, the controls are fairly simple and you'll soon get used to twisting the button to the setting you want.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 October 2012
This is functionally effective and a very good price.I wanted this for the bedroom so the noise of it through the night, as the thermastat kicks in, can be intrussive. I have habituated to it but the noise is in bursts so it is not regular. The heater is easy to control and works best if you blast it to heat the room to the temperature wanted then lower the heat to just below the point the thermastat clicks off. This is better than trying it on a lower setting and increasing the heat bit by bit. I find it also spreads warmth best if raised, on a stool or box.
14 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2017
Ordered this heater for my conservatory having ordered another which simply was too small and too weak.

This definitely does a good enough job of adding a blast of warmth to the conservatory in the early hours of the winter months - I turn it on for about 20mins around 6.30am before I go in and use the conservatory gym. Before I was simply unable to train as the conservatory was frostily cold.

I wouldn't say it's incredible and heats the entire room, but it blasts out the frost and cole which makes going into the conservatory first thing a little more bearable.

Would recommend it as a supplementary heat source, but not a main one.

Overall, fits the need.
on 29 September 2015
Best heater out there and believe me ive tried a few! Bought at £25 and was a bit wary considering i only spent £15 on my last one (but it gave out hence the need for a new one) and having previously been stung with another heater that i have just returned this is a GODSEND. Quiet and powerful this little heater heats my room within a few minutes and doesnt make the room into the amazon jungle like some do! Love it.
3 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 30 November 2017
As others have said this is dangerous. You risk burning down your house.. stay well away!

The plug on my heater has gotten hot enough to warp the plastic. I opened it up to see if there was a wiring problem in the plug. The wiring looks fine but the plastic is brown from being burnt by the extreme heat. It is not far away from melting and starting a fire.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 24 January 2017
The item arrived much earlier as the original delivery date.
I read many review here before i purchased this product and had some doubts because some of the reviews were worrying. Well happy to tell that in the past 1 month i didnt experience any overheating, no burnt smell or anything similar like this, and it seems to be very efficient. I am usig it to warm up a small living room - only this fan - and it does the job pretty well and quickly.
on 1 February 2017
Great product! Produces sufficient temperature. Good price i think. Not sure if it is energy efficient though.
It does produce a little bit noise but still great.
I gave it a 5 star before but turns out it it extremely expensive to run it. My electricity bill was twice as high!!!
One person found this helpful
on 28 December 2017
Been around a month. Mine seems to be holding up well. Arrived in brand new condition. Think the negative reviews are due to the level at which they put it up. Obviously recklessness in volume of heat would destroy the poor thing. It’s not a miracle machine. I say give it a go. Better than the prices at Argos. Also don’t be put off by the name. Glen it’s a company distributed by dimplex.
One person found this helpful
on 20 April 2018
The heater that I received has a thermostat between 'too hot' or 'too cold' on the same setting. Not very pleased with this although the product is good the thermostat is nigh on useless.