Style Name: Black Dial|Colour Name: Silver/Gold|Change

on 15 July 2014
Strongly recommend that you do not buy the Invicta brand - I owned the watch a few months (water proof to 20ATM!) and it steamed up completely during a light rainstorm. To get the watch repaired under warranty you not only have to make an expensive call to florida to log your complaint but you also need to arrange postage, insurance to cover the journey to the service centre in florida. In addition you must also enclose a cheque for $48 dollars for 'service and handling charges'. Effectively the warranty is useless for UK based customers.Warranty repairs cost more that the watch!
I believe it is irresponsible bordering on negligent for an international brand to operate such an economically flawed warranty service I recommend that either customers are made aware of such limitations prior to purchase or failing this Amazon should not be selling/advertising goods on the UK site from the Invicta range.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2015
I received this Speedway Quartz 9212 watch from Amazon today. As usual, Amazon delivery was prompt and the item was well packed. I opened the shrunk wrapped Invicta package and checked the watch. It looked very nice, felt chunky and well built and I was pleased. Then I checked out the functionality. First I read the manual. The manual is generic in that it describes the operation of many types of Invicta watches. I first set the current date and the time without any problem. Then I tried to reset the three chronograph counter dials using button B. Only the seconds counter was set to zero. So I tried to adjust the other two counters using the procedure described in the manual. This involved setting the crown to position 2, then using button B to step through the counter dials. This did not work. I could not use button B to activate change mode on either the MIN or HOUR counter dials. In fact pressing button A or button B only incremented or decremented the SEC counter dial. I also noticed that when I cycled the time setting using the crown wheel, the HOUR counter tracked the main hour hand. The only dial that worked when the stopwatch was started was the SEC counter. So I concluded that the watch was faulty as it did not perform according to the manual. I will send it back to Amazon and get a replacement.
***updated after replacement received***
After testing the second watch I concluded that the first was indeed faulty. The second watch will reset both MIN and SEC dials to zero when stopwatch button B is pressed. By design, the HOUR dial is not reset by stopwatch button B, as its purpose is to merely indicate the current hour against a 24 hour calibration. Winding the crown wheel to set the time also sets the HOUR dial. I also noticed that the second watch had vacuum seal around all of the strap whereas the first watch had none which might indicate that the watch had been previously sent back to base.
I will do a another review for the second watch.
on 20 September 2012
I'm not a watch expert, but the build quality seems to be very good. It's a nice size and weight and feels/looks like a quality product. I've received several compliments about the watch from people who've seen it so it must have something going for it!

I've had no issues with reliability or timekeeping and I've been swimming with it on without any issues with water resistance. According the manufacturer it's good for 200M, but the only time I'll be at that depth is if I've drowned, so I don't suppose it will matter much anyway.

I'm not sure I'd pay several hundred pounds for this watch (or any other watch for that matter!!), but at the price it's selling here it's very, very good value for money and you won't feel like you're wearing a cheap watch.
on 20 December 2014
Do NOT buy from Watches Etc if you are concerned about after sales care or the validity of their guarantee.

I bought a watch from this company (Watches Etc) and it broke after a few months. It was still under guarantee and they said they would fix it if I sent it back to them, or I could get it fixed locally and they would give me 15USD for the repair. It turned out that it would cost more than 15USD to fix, so I asked if I could send it back to them but they refused and went back on their word. The watch is completely broken and does not function, the crown or (button) that sets the time has broken off and a spring from the inside has come out. They told me this is a cosmetic fault (which evidently, it is not) and that they would not fix it. This is a shame as I really quite liked the watch and it’s pretty solid so I am sure I just have a duff one, I just wish I bought the watch from a more honourable company.
review image
on 14 February 2015
I read all the reviews before ordering this watch, so I was fully aware that the second hand could not be zeroed in the stop watch mode, only the two small dials are used for chronograph function. Lost a star for the second hand not aligned with the full second marks on the dial, its half way between each second. Bracelet was plenty big enough, had to remove 4 links to make it fit. Register the guarantee on line (get an extra year making 3 years in total) at the Netherlands service centre not the USA one which wants an up front payment of 28 Dollars when you send it back, if purchased in Europe no prepayment is required. The finish of the watch is of a high quality, including the bracelet, the bezel doesn't rotate on this model and I am still trying to work out how the "tachymeter" function works. As far as accuracy goes, it has gained just over one second in a week which equates to about one minute in a year. Don't forget to screw the crown and other buttons back in after setting the hands etc otherwise waterproofing will be comprised.

Update, Wikepedia have an explanation of the tachymeter function:-
on 10 March 2012
I placed my order for this watch on Thursday evening and the watch was delivered on the Friday morning!
Now that is impressive for an item delivery.

The watch came well packaged and secure, along with the plastic Invicta tag inside the nice yellow box.
Also came with warranty and the intructions book.
Pictures on the description do not do the watch justice, it looks very classy and expensive when you first open the box and see how good it looks.

Excellent attention to deatil and flawless in it's design.
Perfect size and lovely silver links on the strap which are highly polished.

The watch does bear a slight resemblence to the "Rolex Daytona", but without the large pricetag.
I was able to buy something that really looks modern and classy at the same time.

Well worth the price, this watch is an absolute bargain and very well made.

I plan to purchase another Invicta watch in the near future.

Thanks
Shaun
on 3 July 2014
I bought this watch 3 years ago, but for last 2,5 years it is stored in the box. Reason being is that bottom button fall off after 6 month. Watch had warranty, but it was little help as I have to pay postage to US and potentially pay for repair and resealing. Representative quoted for $92 repair +$34 for shipping back in case they found that it was my own fault, additionally it would cost me to post the watch to them. Buying new one was be cheaper option therefore never bothered to use warranty.
Few remarks:
Water proof proven, diving in red sea 10m+, no problems.
Chronograph works, no problems.
Identical copy of Rolex, therefore grabs attention (negative point for me, after all, it is not Rolex).
Paint from face scratches very easily and almost all numbers were gone after 3 month.
After 6 month of use some bits and lock of metal strap becomes loose.
.. well.. and the button falls off.
I do agree I was wearing it almost every second day, watch seen diverse conditions: salty water, hot sun, desert safari, chemicals from swimming pool etc. However, there was no obvious reason for it to fall apart, like direct damage or something. Additionally, worth mentioning that the second watch was £80 Casio, which I get almost without discount ( I believe retail price was £89) and which still shows no signs of wear after 4 years.
Conclusion:
The watch real value is £50-60 ($355 dollars are just ridiculous) and currently it is discounted to £45, so not much.
If you manage your expectations like for the watch for £50 it is fine, but if you expect well discounted luxury/quality watch you will be really disappointed.
on 24 January 2014
Not being one to spend money unless I have to, it was with some regret that I decided to dispense with my Seiko Kinetic which I had had for about 10 years. However, not being very practical, it was not for me to change the capacitor myself so I asked about this at a local watch repair outfit. Being informed that it would cost £180 for servicing etc. the decision was made. I looked at a number of watches and also followed the reviews, hoping to find a similar 'kinetic' type of watch. Reading prices of sensibly priced ones I was put off by the comments about poor timekeeping so decided against that. this was reinforced when an acquaintance confirmed that his new Seiko watch of the type I had been looking at lost too much time each week. looking again for a good priced, good-looking watch I was impressed by this one and, when it arrived I was not disappointed. It was chunky and felt quite substantial and all that was needed was for the bracelet strap to be reduced. My only gripe (and this is general) is that instructions, even though simple and largely intuitive, are so often in a booklet for several different variations and it is always frustrating to look through. That said, it really is quite simple and in the two weeks or so I have had the watch it has kept excellent time and appears to be good value and I would recommend it.
on 9 August 2012
I love Invicta watch the quality is what you expect & i can see where they get there prices from.I got mine at a great price thanks to AMAZON
on 19 October 2013
brilliant watch, looks great, feels great and amazing price, first watch and really happy with it. Delivery was fast too ! 5 stars
review image review image