on 20 September 2006
There is a french video in this CD-rom which is great fun and had me enthusiastically returning to my PC for more. The video tells the story of a french farming family preparing for a birthday.
After watching the video, you use an interactive learning section, which involves listening to a section of the video and trying to accurately type the conversation out in french.
I found this very engaging, but it would be impossible for a beginner.
The video is fairly short so, although it was fun, I didnt learn alot from it.

There is another section on the CD-rom for learning basic practical french (for getting around france etc). There is no video, only text and speech. I found this section unstimulating and boring, so now i am searching for other software to stimulate me further.

I've given this CD-rom a generous score, because it is cheap and the video got me enthusiastic about learning french again - I hadn't done any since school.

Update:
After buying other more expensive, but very disappointing, software, i now think that it's probably better to learn French by using french text books, french fiction, french newspapers and online resources such as the BBC's french learning resources.
on 12 April 2009
Very different focus from the previously released version. Grammar more structured. Perhaps some interactive practice on grammar points in the reference section would reinforce. Immersion is great. I would prefer more topics.
on 16 November 2010
This package is not bad actually. I wasn't expecting alot, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Easy to install, easy to use. The flash cards are good, the 'immersion' bits are good. I will probably need to get something more advanced after a year or so, but till then it will keep me busy on my commute on the train.
on 2 November 2015
Thought it would be like 1st edition , OK for price , needed something more basic actually .