Customer reviews

The Art Of The Japanese Koto
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 March 2017
This is Japanese music at its best!
on 18 May 2017
Lovely
on 27 September 2017
Great album delivered fast
on 19 July 2017
Good
on 27 May 2011
While listening to this fully instrumental CD of Aiko Hasegawa playing her koto I am transported into a darkened candle lit room with tatami matting. I smell the smoke of incense, freshly brewed teas, hot Japanese food wafting through a crack in a nearby door. I hear the soft chatter of people in a nearby room. I hear rain beating on the shutters outside and I hear soft silk kimono rustling along the floor. This CD is pure and breathtaking. This music is very lovely to relax, work, cook and especially read to. (armed with a good oriental themed book this helps your senses release and take you to the inners of that book! Trust me and try it!)

This would be suitable for anyone with an interest in Japanese Culture, Japanese music, World Music. Though I would warn this it is more true to real Japanese music rather than the simple slow meditation/relaxation music readily available everywhere.

This CD is a beautiful work of art. Well worth the investment! Everytime you hear it you will be whisked away to a far away place, your senses will tingle and you will notice a new beautiful thing about it each time! I fully recommend it.
on 12 January 2013
Very lovely. I first heard koto music in Auckland and have wanted a CD ever since. This classical CD fits the bill.
on 4 August 2016
This was a gift for my father who recently returned from Japan. He really likes it....
on 28 September 2014
This music is very relaxing a realy beautiful CD not everyones cup of tea mind you going by the reaction of people who have heard it playing in my car, the delivery was excellent arrived a couple of days after placing my order.
on 21 November 2013
So nice to find the very same recordings that I had on vinyl back in the nineteen seventies. So beautiful to be able to relax to the soft twanging sound of the Koto. Luvvit!
on 27 August 2014
Very nice relaxing music to chill out to.
enjoyed it very much . Like to put it on repeat and relax.