Style Name: Edging-Shears|Change

on 11 November 2013
Excellent precision garden tool. I'm 6ft 1in tall and these long handled shears are just right and do a perfect job.
on 6 June 2013
Exactly as described. Really sharp, light in the hand and handles are a good length. A pleasure to use. Would really recommend.
on 25 December 2012
Ideal present for a gardening friend. The edging shears substantial and sharp. Very useful and good quality too.Have purchased a number of Spear and Jackson products and always well satisfied.
on 3 July 2016
Replacement for a pair of edging shears inherited from parents (probably bought in the 1930s!). Very sharp and good. Husband says that shears should be oiled before use - prevents the rust that starts immediately if you don't. Steel rusts very quickly when exposed to wet grass! Apparently in the old days shears were oiled by the manufacturer prior to sale - this does not happen today.
on 29 April 2014
These edging shears are very light, well balanced and sharp.

It has kept its edged after some hard work, so I don't think they will need sharpening very often, if at all.

I am 5' 10'' and they are the right length for me.

Very satisfied with these shears.
on 4 June 2014
Excellent product,pleasure to work with.razorsharp,lightweight ,handles are great length.I have very long flower beds
To keep edged up ,these shears made the task easy and very quick to execute.Well done Spear & Jackson.
on 11 May 2016
It's early days as I only spent around 10 minutes edging a small section of my lawn so far, however, so far so good.

These work better than more expensive, but more convoluted edging shears I've had in the past. The blade is a good size, and sharp enough to cut even wet grass. The handles are longer than some shears, which I find much more comfortable to use as I can keep my back straight.

Other reviews mention handle flex, but I couldn't discern this in use.

The product is good for it's purpose, and better than I suspected for the price.
The only issue - and this isn't product related - is that Amazon's delivery logistics seem very poor recently. This was abandoned in the rain outside my house.
on 20 May 2016
These are a great, lightweight product and just the right length.
Previously I'd suffered from a bad back having to hunch over with shorter, heavier shears.
I'm 5'11" and these are the perfect height for me.

They're very sharp and do the job well.
Good value.
on 27 July 2015
I find these rather strange to use as the long metal handles are too flexible and bendy for my taste. I have since purchased another pair of edging shears with stiffer handles which I prefer so this Spear and Jackson pair stay in the shed at the moment.

Peter Winterton
on 4 November 2014
Very sharp and comfortable to use. Bought for my husband who is 6 feet tall and has to avoid bending too much because of back problems . He find the handles long enough. Highly recommended.