on 8 May 2016
The coating meant that this wouldn't actually write on my kitchen chalkboard... I ended up buying a cheap pack of "old-skool" chalk from a major supermarket instead! Check compatibility with your chalkboard before buying...
3 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2015
When it works, it works well... but thats it, most times it will scrape the surface of the blackboard, and not leave a mark, I would have to normally go over several times before it leaves anything.

I would rather have to clear up chalk dust more often, and have it it work all the time, than not clean up often and have it work sometimes.

I commend Crayola to try and make a solution to the chalk dust problem, but maybe the product needs to spend a bit more time in R&D
on 1 February 2016
Great chalk for a chalkboard. My kids enjoy playing school with these on their chalkboard. These are the great quality you can expect from crayola. The sticks are firm, compact, and last a long time. You can get these at a great price when they're on special offer, so keep an eye out for that. Can't go wrong!
on 15 October 2016
Chalk can come in very useful sometimes.

I've used this to mark out my plan for a door being fitted into a wall, as well as my plan for internal construction changes. It's just so useful.

That's all I can say really, it's chalk.
on 25 February 2017
Not as good as regular chalk tbh. Probably better if you're cleaning up after kids, but if you're making a pub sign or similar, normal stuff or chalk pens are far superior.
on 9 February 2018
Bought for work as handy to keep in stock, handy size pack of good chalk
on 1 February 2016
I'm not a teacher, so can make no professional assessment of these chalks. I bought them
for the stick on chalk board, and they are fine for the job.
Being only 1 cm in diameter they do tend to snap easily
on 28 April 2018
Not quite what it says in the box!! Only 11 peices!
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2013
I'm either too heavy handed, these are too think or more likely a combo of both.

I found the quality of the chalk was fine but break after break leads me to believe that I need chalk that is thicker than these sticks. I ended up throwing them away in disgust but do, sort of recognise that it's probably me as much as them.
on 9 May 2017
Did not work out for my chalkboard I painted on the wall. Need the chalk with dust...No doubt unhealthy kind!