Format: DVD|Change

on 11 April 2017
Just what I wanted at a great price. Excellent service.
on 3 January 2007
I brought this set a month ago and only used it yesterday and it is absolutely brilliant. I am hurting in places I have never hurt before through exercising, this set gives you a thorough workout and can you believe I feel toned already. I have the 2 Davina workouts and to be honest I thought they were good until I tried this.
on 13 May 2005
These workouts are fantastic. They work you really hard but are not all jumping about. They really work your muscles, and are toning you all the time you are burning calories. Ideal. Billy is a really nice presenter, and seems to be a genuinely nice man. Other reviewers have commented about some of the workouts being the same, but as this is the first Tae Bo DVD's I have bought, (and it was good value for 4 discs) it didn't really matter to me. The first time I did the advanced session I could not believe how many calories my heart rate monitor had said I'd burned. I always had to be running before to produce this, so I think that as I get older this will certainly be gentler on the knees and joints, but just as good for weight control. I could not recommend this enough. Even if you are not fit, you can start with the basic workout and work your way up. As soon as you see how much good it is doing you, you will soon have the motivation to work towards the advanced workouts.
0Comment| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2007
I used to do Tae Bo classes years ago and the results were fantastic, so after a few pie eating years I decided to invest in this box set, a bargain as you get 4 dvds for under a tenner!

I did the beginners one at first and then swapped and varied the dvds so I didnt get bored. I would reccomend this to anyone who wants to get fit, toned and loose weight it ticks all the boxes for me!!
on 13 October 2011
I have had a difficult time for the last few years with my weight. Having graced along the borders of obesity, the effect on my leg joints and back was immense. After having tried a million other ways to reduce weight, one of my friends uttered the words 'TaeBo'. I was hesitant to start it, though I used to be a Karate black belt almost five years back. Two weeks into it and What can I say - I am in love with these workouts. I feel so fresh and I can feel my body reacting positively to the workout. when I walk out of my workout drenched with sweat- What a feeling. None of the other cardios have ever given me this feel. I run out of office everyday with such enthusiasm to get into my TaeBo work out..! I for one know why they call TaeBo to be one of those addictive workouts! Thank you Billy Blanks!

Cheers,
Peter.
on 8 October 2011
I bought this dvd collection from amazon and 3 out of 4 of the dvds are the same! So I was very disappointed as was expecting to alternate between the 4 dvds so I wouldn't get bored. The tae bo active,get ripped and the tae bo energise are all exactly the same dvd just with a different title! So what is the point in that! I may as well just hand the dvds out to my mates as no use having the same dvd 3 times!!All I can say is what a rip off! dont advertise that there is 4 different dvds in the collection when there is only 2!!!
on 16 May 2011
New to Tae Bo I read the reviews and decided to give it a go. I have done two of the four DVDs.

If you have done a Body Combat class then the moves will be familiar. However it is really boring as it takes one Body Combat move and repeats it over and over in sets of 8, usually four times. To add the tedium there is the incessant counting to 8 with each sets. I found the narration unhelpful and some of the transitions were really quick.

If you can overcome all of that then this will work you really hard.

So far the workouts I have done have been about 30 minutes which is a good length of time for me but I'm really not sure how many times I can do the DVD before the repetitive nature drives me back to Jillian Michaels or even Davina (nothing like as hard but more varied and interesting).
on 5 May 2006
IF it's motivation that you lack this DVD will certainly give U exactly that to go that extra mile. The four DVDs combine to give you a little bit or shall i saw a lot of everything. My favourite out of this whole box set is the ABs and GLUTES 30 min workout. I never knew I could feel so motivated and burn so much calories in 30 minutes. IT's AMAZING!!!. I have Nell McAndrew's Ultimate challenge, Ultimate Results, which is quite good but its quite boring after a while and only contains a little of each workout to target core areas. Billy's box set is the future. you will definately get results, its fun, tonnes of motivation and energy and targets every lump and bump, and the people in the video are not all toned and tanned, they are old some young and they look just like you and me and they are having fun and getting results. I just started this morning and i can feel that tummy and butt tightening, honestly!!!
on 15 May 2007
i've never reviwed a product before on any website, but i felt compelled to this time. This dvd set is the best decision i made in a very long time. since doing the work out i feel firmer, more toned and i actually have muscles now! a good tip is to imagen someone you would liek to punch...makes you work harder!
on 13 October 2006
The box set is a total bargain! Buy it buy it! The exercsies are so fun and different. You feel as though you are part of the class and you can watch the others sweating away with you which takes away some of the boredorm of exercise! I have been doing the 8 min workout (nearly!) every day for a month and I can really feel my bum and thighs toned up. It'll raise your spirits too! and sets me up for the day! I def recommend to anyone who wants their workout to be fun and motivational!