Format: DVD|Change

on 28 August 2010
Some really good films here, those you would expect; Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and one or two lesser known; Bus Stop, for instance. I won't go into details, as I hate spoilers, but if you like Ms Munroe's films, this is a really good selection, that shows her talents (real, and physical) and is good value. The only thing I can say is that if I had been given this for Mother's day, Birthday or Christmas, I would have been very, very chuffed.

Have not watched them all, as taking my time with them. Enjoy!
on 12 November 2004
I am a long term marilyn fan so of course bought the previous Diamond Collection of her movies issued only last year. This year the money grabbing studio split the package into two and to make us buy it all over again they add in 4 rare early movies of hers which are previously unreleased in this country even on dvd. I have them on video bought from America but obviously its not the same as having the remastered dvd versions. So I've had to buy this and I love it but I'm just so annoyed that movie studios do these kind of things to basically take advantage of true fans. I can't even resell my original collection as they've made sure there is a rare documentary included on that which isnt on the new versions!
Its just not fair!
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2011
I just received this great collection of the icon known as Marilyn Monroe.
I have to say how pleased I was with the restoration of each movie that I decided to buy the 2nd part of the collection.
I Just checked the image quality fast , it will take me some time to absorb the beauty and silly gestures made by that beautiful face. Oh what a canny smile you used to put on your face , Marilyn , to make men drool.
Anyways, a nice mix of light-hearted movies that bring us happy memories.
A final note : I liked the fact that each movie was in a separate slim DVD case, each with a different poster , to make it easier to choose which one i want to see first.
( Buy this vol.1 along with vol.2 to truly enjoy the light days of classical Hollywood )
on 30 January 2016
Did`nt recieve the studio stars collection as stated, it was Marilyn Monroe the collection, but every disc has great picture and sound quality, was a bit dissapointed that of the 7 films only 2 were in widescreen River Of No Return and Bus Stop, the rest are in 4.3 aspect ratio, a great collection of Marilyn`s films I bought them used at a great price so I can`t really complain, but if your looking for the studio stars collection don`t buy used as you recieve a different collection with the same films, I tried twice with different sellers and none sent the studio collection.
on 15 July 2016
bought these as used, i mainly just wanted three of the films in this collection, i was lucky that the three i wanted worked as the rest freezed while playing, but as i bought used i cannot complain as it was so cheep and would have cost me more to buy one of the three i wanted.
delivery was ok,
on 26 July 2013
Very well priced collection of Monroe DVD's (especially as volume 1 is harder to get hold of) featuring some of Marilyn's best performances.
on 23 July 2013
A very adept actress as her range of films shows; miss-understood as a woman and often taken advantage of this is a true fans must have collection.
on 19 January 2015
Lovely MM. All her films are brilliant. What a waste of talent she died so young.
on 28 January 2016
good cross section of her output
on 8 January 2015