Customer reviews

I purchased this pack of moon gel for my phantom 3 standard to combat the dreaded "jello" effect in my videos. I had recently damaged my gimbal vibration absorbing board, so when installing the new one, I thought now's the chance to try out this product. This gel is supposed to work wonders eliminating unwanted resonance with instruments, and its relatively cheap stuff. The substance is really easy to work with, and I cut a few pieces with scissors to fit the shape of the board (see pics). In use, I think the Moongel did make a difference, it didn't eliminate the "jello" effect 100% but it did improve my video footage. I should add that I did balance my props and I did put some of the remaining gel inside the rubber dampers. I've got some ND filters on the way, so I'm hoping that's the final fix.
review image review image review image review image
on 11 May 2011
I have a Mapex Black Panther. It's a lovely snare drum. But, my lack of experience in the tuning department, has resulted in a nasty sounding over-tone. Sounds like a beer keg!

You need some overtone with a snare, otherwise it sounds weak and lacks any real volume.

I tried damper rings, but they totally killed the overtone and silenced the snare drum.

I heard some excellent reviews about Moongel and one of my Drummer buddies uses them.

I only had to use one pad. (Pack comes with 4). Now the amount of overtone is perfect. The snare sounds lovely :D

I would highly recommend these.
on 20 July 2017
They do work well and I'm not disappointed from that perspective. A star lost for being quite expensive for what is after all just a small number of jelly pads, and for being extremely effective in attracting dust and dirt. I would also say that they are magnets for inquisitive young fingers and I often find then stuck to windows and mirrors rather than drum heads.
on 1 June 2017
These damper pads have absolutely blown me away with how they have transformed the sound of my kit. I have used them on a new Pearl export series kit with a Yamaha stage custom snare drum and the unwanted resonance has completely gone, i didn't expect the pads to have so much of an impact! Definitely a five out of five rating, don't hesitate;just buy.
on 25 August 2017
moongel... i never really liked it. it sticks everywhere. This moongel is a moongel - it absorbs some frequencies. i prefer a sainsbury duster on part of the drum head.
on 22 July 2017
Works wonders, have not tried to wash any yet but really works well on Snare and Tom's. Also great to rid ride cymbal as of excess wash.
on 11 June 2017
Just what the drummer son needed apparently. I could pretend I understand what they did, but I don't. If you are a drummer you just need to know they work!
on 7 April 2017
Bought these to take the twang or boing out of my remo skins on my kit . first time ive used these . suprising difference ive also used two on my ride so it doesnt ride on too much
on 7 September 2017
Work fine, but seem a little overrated. Piece of tape would have done as well.
on 18 July 2017
Great product, easy to position to eliminate those nuisance overtones. I'm on my third pot of Moongel Damper Pads as the gel breaks down eventually if you leave it exposed to the atmosphere. I would recommend them as the best option for damping having tried tape, sticky felt pads (EVANS) and damping rings.