Size: X 54x32x46cm (21.25x12.75x18")|Colour Name: White|Change

on 11 December 2008
Super Pet Crittertrail X Cage
My hamster loves it, the petting area is a great idea, easy to get the hamster out. When i first got this, assembling it wasnt too bad. Hamster wasnt sure of the tunnels and slide at 1st, but soon got the hang of it. I couldnt believe how quiet the ball was when he was in it, that was till after a few days. He decided to move his food and bedding in there, then runs round in it. Well you can imagine what noise you get when its going round. Everyday i empty it back into his bedding area, which isnt too hard to do. Despite this I do recommend this cage, if u have that extra bit off time to keep it maintained, as it keeps your hamster very active, but not if its for a childs bedroom.
on 20 August 2012
We ordered one of these cages from Amazon after reading a review and seeing vids on youtube, so glad we did, the first one that arrived had a broken clip on the top which was obviously not due to delivery but Amazon made it a breeze to return and get a new one sent out to us in a day of reporting it, Well done Amazon!
Well onto the review.... what a fabulous cage, needs some skill to put together but once you have done it once it is a breeze to do, some folks have said it is hard to clean this cage but me and my wife have found it no harder than the simple plastic cage that we got with our mouse....
Just shoo your critters into the bedroom?petting area, lift it out and cap the opening with the provided stopper, put them to one side where they can watch you clean their house, clip the pipes of each side of the cage and unclip the two bottom clips the whole top of the cage lifts off in one piece allowing you to empty out the base and clean it down, the shelves just slot over the cage bars and remove simply to wash them down, we use a bucket with mild disinfectant in and separate all the pieces to wash, rinse and dry them, takes about 20 mins in total and the plastic is microantibacterial coated to provide better protection. they clip back together easily and if you expand the system with the critter trail expansion kits your mouse/hamster will love you forever lol.

Also to note is that Amazon send out the latest version of this cage which has spring loaded catches on the doors and external water bottle and is much improved on the earlier version. :-)
review image
on 7 January 2011
I honestly cannot fault this cage FOR DWARF HAMSTERS! - defo not for syrians! I have two dwarf hamsters and they just love this cage - they have space to run around even with a house in there that I purchased too! If you do not purchase a house then they will probably house themselves in the petting zone which will not be practical because there is poor ventilation up there. I just keep my treats up there for them, and a wooden stick fo them to chew.

The wheel just needs to have olive oil put on it like the instructions say in order to stop the noise, once you have done that the noise will stop - and I keep my cage in my bedroom :)
on 29 June 2009
I bought this item from Acorn, thinking it looked like a fun cage for my Hamster. My assumption about the fun factor was right, but the wheel (which moves around the blue ring as the hamster runs!! How cool is that?!) is so noisy! I didn't realise until I went to bed, that the wheel moves around the blue bit and shakes the whole cage! Apart from the noisy wheel, the cage is awesome. The eXtractable petting area is great, giving me easy access to my Hamster. The slide seems to be good for the Hamster, but I've seen my Hamster jump from the top of it once or twice... But that might just be my Hamster! I'd recommend this Cage to anyone who wasn't keeping it in their bedroom, because of the noise of the wheel.
on 25 June 2012
my dwarf hamster (gismo) loves this cage, its perfect for exploring and big
enough for him to live in. the cage is designed in such a way that all you
have to do to clean the whole cage is unclip two catches and half the cage
lifts away making it easy to do a full spring clean.
on 31 July 2012
Its a great cage because my hamster found it easy to use (my hamster is a Russian dwarf hamster) The first time it used the long tube it could not get down but now it finds it easy to use. Its easy too clean out,i have a tip when you (if you do) clean out the tubes if you can't open them up you can use a hair dryer to dry them. Its also great cause the bed opens right up and life straight out. I fully recommend buying this cage and its worth every penny!
on 2 July 2009
This cage is really not suitable for anything other than dwarf hamsters.
We initially bought this cage for a Syrian hamster, with the intention of housing it in it for life. It became apparent that this would not be appropriate after only a few hours. There is not all that much ventilation in the 'petting zone', and our hamster decided that that was where she wanted to spend most of her time, resulting in her getting very hot. The floor space is limited, and there are no bars on the roof of the cage to allow the hamster to climb.
Fine for dwarves, but definitely not for Syrians.
on 7 January 2010
I bought this cage as i thought it looked like a lot of fun for my dwarf hamster (i'd say its no where near big enough for a Syrian) however it's really really fragile. It feels flimsy to put together and when i try to take it apart to clean it i'm afraid i might break it; i cracked the bottom the first time i washed it (carefully) :( Also the wheel on the top gets rather squeaky over time. My hamster seemed to enjoy it though!
on 17 June 2011
Perfect for dwarf hamsters,
i have 2 baby roborovski's and they love it, they can climb the tubes & bits easily,
was a bit awkward to put together at first but once you get the hang of it its easy as pie,
would recommend you get an additional cage over time though, so you can link them up and give the hamsters more space & freedom =)
on 20 April 2013
Like all of the critter trail items I have it isn't really well designed, the most natural place for the hamster to sleep is the petting area which isn't well ventilated and isn't deep enough for him to make a good den. The cage doesn't have enough room anywhere else to add another bed, only thing to do is buy extensions but this then becomes a VERY expensive hamster house.

It does look great and we have had fun adding extra tubes, bed areas etc but then it becomes a nightmare to take apart and clean.