on 7 July 2009
A Garmin belt clip was included with my GPSMap 60CSx, but it wore out after several years of frequent use, so I was glad to find this replacement. I use it to attach the GPS receiver to the chest strap of my rucsac. The belt clip includes a button, which can be removed from the beltclip and then screwed into the hole in the back of the GPS receiver. The clip is attached to a suitable strap or belt; the button then slides into the slot in the belt clip and the receiver is held securely. One can remove the receiver from the clip by pressing the release button on the top of the beltclip.
on 7 July 2012
Do not buy this clip, it does not fit the device!!! Twice I ordered the correct one and twice I received this one. The correct clip requires the GPSMap "backslab" to slot onto the device, which then clips onto the belt clip.
on 12 January 2012
Very occasionally in life you actually buy something that is really useful, and you say to yourself: "I am glad I bought that." The Garmin belt clip is one such item.

I love walking and am always on the move; partly because of Interpol, but mostly because I love the great outdoors. I always carry a gps device with me, which is securely attached to the chest strap of my rucksack via the Garmin belt clip. The little clip sits there unobtrusively through rain, wind and snow, securely holding my expensive peice of equipment. The spring is as powerful now as when I first purchased it, and until you depress the button at the top the gps cannot be detached from the clip.

Very often I tilt my head to the right and gaze at that great little clip and whisper: "I love you."

Yes, I know I should get some proper friends, but it gets very lonely on the fells sometimes!
on 22 November 2011
Breaks mainly if you wear it on your belt at the front then you step up and your thigh pushes it forwards such that the screw-in button on the back of the GPS snaps throught the rather easily broken platic on the front of the clip. Better that than the button snapping off the GPS! I also bought the carabiner clip, but it makes it hang too low for use as an alternative flexible belt clip. Unless you have another option, like a rucksac strap connector or pocket then I think a good compromise is to use the belt clip with the wrist strap attached to your belt via a carabiner for ease of removal. That way, when it next breaks you don't lose or damage your GPS.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2009
The clip can rotate freely on the button that screws into the back of my eTrex, so it can grip at any angle. The button is held securely in the clip and has to be positively released for removal along the slideway. The clip has a very firm spring grip on to strap, belt or whatever up to about 35mm wide, and has a good lip of about 4mm to prevent accidental pull-off. Seems to be a must-have for walkers, but as a bonus the button on its own is going to allow me to make a purpose mount for the car too.
on 12 August 2013
A Garmin 60CX belt clip - most useful for walk-about it holds the GPS unit securely on one's belt but can be released easily.
on 10 June 2011
The belts clips wear out quickly lasting about one year and I think they are poor value. Some rucksacks have a GPS pocket on the shoulder straps and if you are getting a new rucksack that would be a better option.
on 17 January 2012
This was to replace a broken belt clip. Expensive for what it is. Ordering and delivery excellent.
It holds my GPS that I use for Golf. It has not improved my Golf but give it time!!
on 20 March 2013
A very stury plastic clip, can be clipped almost anywhere. Easy to attach and detach from the GPS. A good idea especially if you will need you hands while using the device
on 27 July 2010
I use this accessory on my Rucksack strap to hold my GPS and make sure it is in the optimum position for satellite reception. Works very well with GPS easily accessible.