Size: 3 Cup|Change

on 6 January 2010
I broke my original glass and was pleased to see I could get a replacement. However, it took me ages to figure out which one would fit. I ordered this 8 cup one in the end as I checked the item number on the Bodum website which had the correct dimensions (Spare glass, 8 cup, 1.0 l, 34 oz, dia 9.6 cm, H 18 cm). I think the dimensions Amazon have are the box dimensions.
44 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2010
Brilliant. Having had the 12 cup cafetiere for lots of years it broke in the washing up. We kept the silver sleeve the glass fits into in the hope of getting a replacement. Checked on amazon and here it is. The dimesions are 18cm height, 12cm diameter but I have seen it described elsewhere with another dimension that includes the spout which threw me.
I see you can also buy replacement filters as well but ours is still going strong
Recommended
on 13 August 2010
There really isn't much to say on this product. It was a perfect replacement for the one I broke. I always thought it was a "one cup" coffee maker - but apparently, it's a 3 cup (they must be small cups at the Bodum canteen).
Anyway, it arrived in good time, packaged well & fits perfectly into my Bodum '3 cup' coffee maker.

If you have a Bodum 3 cup coffee press & you break the glass for it, this is the replacement you should get ;-)
on 30 October 2011
The second image for the product gives dimensions. The picture with dimensions is correct - the beaker is 7.25" high, with a diameter of about 4.3", although I'd say it is closer to 4.5" (NB the diameter is measured across the width of the pot below the slight flare at the top of the pot and the spout, if you measure across the top the slight flare increases the diameter to 4.75", and the internal diameter of the metal frame the beaker is cradled in actually measures as 4.5" on our one). The repeated written dimensions next to the image are incorrectly stated - it says 4.3" tall and 7.25" circumference - these should be swapped round and corrected to state 7.25" tall and 4.3" DIAMETER.

Anyway, as long as your broken glass beaker was a Bodum one and around 4.5" diameter, and a little over 7" tall, the new pot will fit perfectly.
on 4 May 2012
Before you order this beaker on Amazon from a Market Place seller, consider two things:

A) Are you REALLY going to get a Bodum beaker? I ordered here from one of the Market Place sellers, & they sent me a 'La Cafetiere' glass because they were 'out of stock' of the Bodum glass, & thought it better to send me something different rather than cancel my order (their words, not mine).... Any seller worth their salt should know the Cafetiere glass does NOT fit the Bodum holders (La Cafetiere's beaker is slightly larger in diameter). AND they should've asked me first! Fortunately the Seller refunded me & don't want the beaker back (hence I'm not 'naming & shaming'), so I'm not out of pocket, but... What a waste of time... & glass!

B) I just went to Bodum's website, & the beaker is £14 from them direct, including shipping! I wish I'd checked this out before all the faff with the marketplace seller, hence me sharing my experience with you.

For the record, I use Amazon a lot, & generally everything's great, but not so this time. If it's a Marketplace seller, don't assume they're the cheapest, & be sure to at least check elsewhere before buying.
on 16 May 2013
I have no problem with the product but the product details state that it fits all Bodum 3 cup coffee makers and this is not correct. I bought the item as a replacement for the glass liner of my Bodum Chambord 3 cup coffee press and it does NOT fit.

The Chambord coffee press has a plastic lid with a pouring lip that fits over the top of the glass liner and this will not fit the replacement item which also has a pouring lip.
on 9 November 2015
These glass jugs are incredibly fragile, so I broke mine when loading the dishwasher just by accidentally pressing another disk against it.

So it's really good that you can replace the glass so easily without having to buy the whole cafetiere again. The only thing that's difficult is working out which is the correct replacement to buy. I found the Bodum website helpful here - it seems to have clearer information to help you identify the right one. It then used the product reference from there, to find it on Amazon.

And of course Amazon is so fast: old one broken at breakfast one day, new one arrived by 11am the next day.
on 2 July 2016
This does the job, but does not fit as well as the previous glass which was a perfect fit - I have to hold on to it when pouring otherwise it would come out of the original Bodum holder. It is very slightly smaller and is not as precision made, the lip is a slightly different shape. I am being fussy, but I can't help noticing.
on 29 December 2014
I bought this as a replacement for my broken Bodum glass. Accidents happen and I knew I'd be buying one of these sooner or later. Fortunately these products exist and it was one of the reasons I opted for the Bodum cafetiere over cheaper supermarket brands in the first place.

The only issue I have with this product and it's predecessor is that they are a nightmare to get out of the plastic handle/holder. When you have broken glass and you're trying to push the glass out of the base you have to be really careful not to cut yourself!

Apart from this, this glass is excellent, durable and looks stylish. It's the perfect size for a weekend brew for 2 using approx 800ml of water.

Love it.
on 4 March 2015
This is the smallest coffee maker size to fit the metal frame of the cafetiere, 0.35L.
13cms height glass fits in a 14cm frame.
I was wondering (like many of you) if I ordered the right size as it says 3 cups!!
Its 1-2 cups (without all the granules!)
Perfect fit.
I do agree its incredible that Bodum DO NOT MAKE SPARE glasses for all of our coffee cups! I like many of you have about 10 empty metal frames and cannot get glass replacements.
Maybe Bodum should offer to buy them back for recycling and we get vouchers to replace the whole cup/frames!!!?? We could all be happy.