Style Name: MAN-Fire-Engine|Change

on 7 February 2012
I'd gotten a Bruder toy for a toddler previously and been impressed with the detail and durability, so when at Christmas he seemed interested in this from the booklet that came with his Christmas gift I thought that'll sort his Birthday present out.

Couple of points, this toy is much bigger than other Bruder toys - built to a different scale (for those, like me who don't know what 1:16 of a Fire Engine is in real terms....it's roughly about 60cm long. The toy is also not nearly as rugged as other toys in the range, the plastic is easy to bend and it feels quite flimsy, case in point a 2 year old managed to pull the nozzle off the hose and the "bucket" off the ladder while investigating it.

Having said that the little un thinks it's great so perhaps I'm being over critical and looking at it with too adult an eye
on 31 March 2005
The Bruder range of toys are fantastic! this is our third purchase from them and cannot really fault. The only slightly annoying thing is to wind the hose can be fiddly the manufacturer could have added a crank handle but all in all this is just a niggle. The hose pumps water which is great and I was suprised at the range (at least 3ft)!!, I cannot rate the toys durability as we have only had it a couple of weeks, however, if it lives up to the other products - 5 stars.
on 2 June 2016
We now have many Bruder trucks. They are the best. The fire engine is no exception. We gave it to our son for Christmas and 5 months on he is not bored of it. He is equally happy to play with it inside without water, or outside with water. The water feature works really well.
It has plenty of gadgets on it to keep my 3 year old busy. He inserts the stabilisers and extends the extremely long ladder, winds and unwinds the hose. The wing mirrors can be folded in to protect them when it is not being played with.
It is very big, but not too heavy to be carried by my 3 year old to the location he needs it. It has survived being dropped several times. Just like our other Bruder trucks.
The siren and light fitting inserts fairly easily and gets swapped onto his other Bruder trucks so they all get a turn at making noise.
The only thing I would suggest to improve this engine, is for the water store to be removable for easy emptying. I found it stuffed with polystyrene shapes that my son uses for digging with his Bruder trucks and to remove them from the water compartment needed long tweezers and patience. To have been able to remove the compartment to hold it upside down would have made it easier. Also to tip out water when play has ended.
But other than that it's a brilliant toy.
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2016
Bought on a Lightning Deal, this is an awesome fire truck. And it's really big!

The detailing is excellent and it shoots real water from the fire hose from the on-board tank.

The wording on the front of the fire truck is in German, being a German toy, but it's a small thing that doesn't detract from the play factor at all.

A sound module is available too, which would add sound effects for the engine running, the siren etc.

5 stars.
on 3 January 2015
Bruder make great toys and this is a bit of a disappointment and I say this with experience as my children have lots of their vehicles and they play for ages with them. The issues with this are as follows.
1) doors don't open as on other bruder vehicles which means that the fireman can't be put in the cab.
2) the hydraulic feet have to be clipped on and off (other vehicles such as their scania crane are built in).
3) The sticker is in German fire Fire and didn't see any English transfers.

Long and short is son plays with it and loves the ladder lights and general emergency buzz of playing with it, but it doesn't have the care of other bruder toys look at the Mercedes van or scania fire engine as these will have more detail to them.
on 9 December 2015
Wow what a fantastic for engine! My 3 yr old son asked for a 'big fire engine' for Christmas and this certainly delivers- he will absolutely love it! Comes complete with batteries (rareity nowadays) and the siren is a bearable noise, not ridiculously loud like some toys. Shame the doors don't open as he has another bruder large truck that the doors do open so think this may frustrate him- can't ask for everything though!
on 22 February 2012
Tired of plastic vehicles where pieces fell off in just a couple of weeks we looked for something bigger and more durable. This has met our needs perfectly. The detail is great and it is certainly durable. My almost 5 year old son has played with it every day since his birthday last year and it is a favourite with his freinds too. It's great fun out in the garden too as you can actually squirt people with the hose, which has a fairly long range. I feel fairly confident that this will last many years. We also bought a yellow crane truck by Bruder which is just as good and possibly even more popular.
on 5 April 2015
Very good quality. has lasted now 4 months in the hands of a very destructive 2 year old. He drags the Engine by the hose and it is still intact. The squirting jet on the hose actually shoots quite far. Its great. In the end you get what you pay for and this is a Little more than the others on the market but all the plastic bits are well secured on and the whole toy feels very solid even though from plastic.
on 3 January 2016
We purchased this truck for our two-and-a-half year old grandson who is simply nuts about fire engines. Our daughter lives overseas, so we had the truck sent directly to her house and were Skyping when he opened it...Friendly advice: make sure the young recipient is facing the camera when he opens this gift, otherwise, you'll only see his back! Once our grandson opened it, he was completely smitten. We only saw his back the entire time and he had to be coaxed to turn around! In short, this truck is simply captivating and worth every cent. First impression: it has a solid feel, and is not junk. Our grandson discovered the hose right away...but (wisely) his mother has yet to show him how to fill 'er up. Lots of fun moving parts, and so far, so good...nothing broken. Excellent, efficient shipping too.
on 22 February 2014
I bought this for my three year old grandson, he loves it. Disappointed that the cab doors didn't open and the ladder isn't as robust as I had hoped. Great toy though, paired it up with the pin toy fire fighters - hours of fun ahead