on 4 July 2004
Well, I've tryed all types of papers and this one most represents the good old fashioned photograph.
Bright colours and they seem to last a long time even in very sunny conditions (like 4 months in the middle of a desert, & still vivid colours!). I'll only buy this paper for my HP printer from now on.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2009
I ordered a pack of photo paper based on what came with the printer; however, I hadn't realised that different paper photo paper has different strengths and weaknesses which could influence your choice. These are listed on the back of your paper pack when it arrives, but this is a bit late to know if you bought the right type! I couldn't find it anywhere on the web, so I've transcribed it here to help people pick the right type for their application. Bear-in-mind that these are the HP grading of their own paper:

Note: the figures are scores out of 5 and Amazon reviews don't allow tables, tabs or additional spaces, so I've done my best to get the info across.

HP Premium Plus Photo Paper / Overall 5 / Weight 280 g/m2 / Image Quality 5 / Fade Resistance 5 / Fast Dry Time 2

HP Premium Photo Paper / Overall 4 / Weight 240 g/m2 / Image Quality 4 / Fade Resistance 5 / Fast Dry Time 2

HP Advanced Photo Paper / Overall 4 / Weight 250 g/m2 / Image Quality 4 / Fade Resistance 3 / Fast Dry Time 5

HP Everyday Photo Paper / Overall 3 / Weight 170 g/m2 / Image Quality 3 / Fade Resistance 2 / Fast Dry Time 4

So pick carefully, based on what's important to you at the time, it's a balance between price, image quality, fade resistance and drying time. I personally have found HP paper really good.

I hope people find this useful.
on 6 November 2007
As the description says, the paper is extended on one side so that you can handle it easily as it drys. The print is perforated to allow you to tear the extension off. Or to try to! The messy torn off edge spoils the photo unless you are going to mount it in a frame. You will then try to trim off the edge with scissors. If you are one of those dextrous crafty types, you will have a great photo. If you are like me ....
on 23 August 2014
I bought this for my HP F2280 having tried some supplied free with ink cartridges without success. These come with a tear-off strip (tab) which are the only type which works in my printer as it allows for the tab regardless of the photo paper. I now have excellent prints and am very satisfied with the quality and delivery.
on 28 January 2014
Got these as I had run out of some Kodak ones that I had been given. I thought it best to buy HP photo papers because I have an HP printer, an HP Photosmart 8150. I can't actually spot any quality difference between the Kodak and the HP papers: prints both seem, to me, to be very good. My paper consumption is very low.
on 7 March 2009
I was delighted with my purchase have copied several photograghs
& found reproduction excelent would recomend this product to anyone.
Many thanks Mr Alex Roebuck.
on 7 December 2015
A little expensive, but just what I needed. This type of paper used to be sold in PC World, Currys and everywhere but has just vanished from the shelves over the past two years! :-(
on 9 September 2013
It is ok, but I am a bit bemused why there is a piece at the end of the paper which is not quite cerated, and needs to be removed. Why can't the correct size of paper be produced.
on 1 October 2013
I always use HP Premium Glossy photo paper because the quality of reproduction is very good. It is fairly quick drying and I like t use the ones with tabs to make handling easier.
on 24 August 2015
I was pleased with product. It was packed in small units which meant they could be kept in excellent condition when they were not being used.
A Good idea.