Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 18 July 2017
Fiskars now make a cheaper and flimsier-looking product than they made five or six years ago. The spring action with the orange button feels a bit flimsy. My last pair held together for about five years, but I really put it through its paces in the garden -- cutting stems, etc. I hope this one lasts as long. I know these are for sewing, but the older version was super sturdy and capable as a gardening tool for delicate pruning. This newer version is not as streamlined looking as the older version, too. The older version looked bleak and trim. This one looks and feels a little too big for delicate work.
on 14 December 2015
Simple the best scissors in the world with finely crafted blades that actually cut and not grind and ergonomically designed handle that fits the hand perfectly for safe and precision cutting. These scissors lock closed when not needed by pushing up a small tab. The sharpness of the tip and the spring loaded blades allow for the very finest of cuts in any task.

The fixing screw/bolt is secure and dopes not come loose or tighten up as happens with other makes.

A bit pricey ? Yes but you get what you pay for and these are quality through and through. Fiskar also make a scissors sharpener which I have a three of four strokes through that restores the cutting edge perfectly. I own several different pairs of Fiskar scissors and have yet to be disappointed.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 January 2016
Excellent scissors for fine detail cutting, however the packaging claims these can be used left or right handed. Well yes, they will certainly cut using either hand however when used in the left hand to cut out, as an example, an intricate paper shape, the upper blade will of course be positioned to the right of the lower blade still the same as when used as a right handed pair of scissors and makes it difficult to cut accurately. You can only really have either left or right handed scissors not both in one. The only genuinely ambidextrous part of these scissors are the sprung grip handles. The blades are set right handed. Although I'm left handed I'm old enough that I was brought up using right handed scissors in my right hand for lack of easily available left handed ones so these are fine for me, however if you are seeking genuinely left handed scissors I doubt these will satisfy unless you want them just for snipping a few threads.
on 24 May 2017
Very fine tip allows trimming of facial hair and any other use where cutting of very thin items are required.
3 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2013
Regardless of all the rest of thread snippers I have tried in the past, these are always going to be my favorite. I had them for 3 years until a colleague of mine borrowed them and then they got lost... Then I tried maybe 7 or 8 snippers, some of them really bad and dull, some of them better but still not up to the same level of these!

Now, I realize that lots of people use them for different jobs, but for me the micro tips are very very important as I need to cut the threads very close to the fabric when sewing a garment. These are just irreplaceable. To be honest, I would definitely buy them again if I ever lose the pair I have now.

Delivery was really fast, and the price is great compared to the other online shops. Just an example - you can get these in the sewing department of one of the famous stores for £18.00 - double the price! So this is a great bargain at £9.99!
4 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2017
These are great scissors! Very sharp and makes making pompoms so easy. Would definitely recommend these to anyone. Great for detailed work and strong enough for more robust cutting.
on 25 April 2016
My first pair of soft touch scissors were purchased pre 2000 when I worked in a craft shop. They have never been sharpened but I now use them for paper craft.
If these last as long as the first pair I shall be more than delighted!!
Well made, sharp and easy to grip. I also have the soft touch dressmaking shears, they too were bought pre 2000 and still going strong!! I know they cost a little more than some but they are worth that bit extra. Keep them hidden from the family!
on 19 April 2017
These are an absolute must for crafters. A joy to use for decoupage and crafting. And seriously great for stiff fingers and hands. (Partners review)
on 26 April 2017
Love these scissors, so easy to use. I use them for papercraft and card making and they do make life easier for small cuts.
on 17 February 2018
I love these scissors/ snips. Sharp and. Smooth to use. My only comment for improvement would be that they would benefit from a small shield for the tips when closed as ‘poke’ in things in my sewing bag! Oh and also maybe a hole/loop in the handle to hang them to ensure quick location when working!!