on 21 June 2008
These binoculars are great for general use. As there were no previous reviews on Amazon, I researched it on other websites and ordered it through Amazon, being the cheapest of course! Even though there was no mention of a protective case on the product description, I can confirm that it is supplied with one. The binoculars are very light and comfy to hold and the eyepieces are adjustable in depth for either spectacle wearers or non specky people.
33 comments| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2010
This is the second pair of Olympus 12x25 PC I binoculars I have bought. It is a present for a friend.
I got my first pair about 10 years ago and have nothing but great praise for them. The magnification and quality of image is fantastic and as good as, if not better than much more expensive binoculars. They fit easily in the pocket, so I can bring them with me whenever I'm going to be outdoors. They have brought wildlife so close; on Safari in Zambia, all over Europe and everyday in the back garden. Buy them and enjoy a new view of the world. Definitely 5 star.
on 11 August 2010
After reading the reviews for this item, I was concerned about the eye interval, that one reviewer found insufficient to the point that he had to return the binoculars. Nevertheless I decided to go ahead with my purchase. When the binoculars arrived I tried them immediately, having opened them to the maximum extent; and my first thought was: He was right, they are too small! But then I read the instructions carefully, and I realised that the problem was that I had opened them TOO MUCH, and the eye interval was more then sufficient. I can see why the reviewer was misled. Because these binoculars are compact it is not that obvious when one is overdoing the interval.
So in the end I found them very satisfactory, and I can voucher that the problem mentioned in that previous review is spurious: they are all right both for women as well as for men with widely spaced eyes!
66 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2011
I required a pair of compact binoculars that would easily fit in travel luggage or backpack and priced at a reasonable level. I wanted good magnification and clear, sharp vision. I also required them to be robust. I purchased a 10 x 25 PC model and found it to be superior in performance to my existing but tired compact binoculars that were originally twice the price. So good was the Olympus product that I bought a second pair, the 12 x 25 PC which were even better than the 10 x 25 but have the same external dimensions. Buy either.
on 11 September 2010
These are an excellent pair of compact bimoculars. Very good build quality, excellent optics - bright and clear image. Good field of view for a 12X compact. No problem with eye width as alluded to in another review - and I've got a big head!
on 19 April 2010
Bought these binoculars for my wife who has developed an interest in bird watching since we back on to farmland/woodland and have a hawthorn hedge between our garden and the adjoining field. We are delighted with the binoculars which are small, lightweight, well made and nicely designed. The quality of the image exceeded my expectations for binoculars in this price range. Ideal for bird watching because of their magnification, (12x)size and weight.
on 10 July 2009
Great pocket binoculars with crystal clear vision and good close up viewing of wildlife around you.
on 5 April 2011
These binoculars are a replacement for a Nikon pair that I had had for almost 20 years. In comparison the Olympus pair are almost the same except the build quality and materials used are cheaper-looking than the Nikon pair which is disappointing given the time since I bought the first pair. Additionally I have found the rubber eye-sockets to be quite annoying because they tend to close when not in use which means they have to be opened each time I used them.

As a positive the light intake of the new binoculars is infinitely better than my previous pair which was particularly good in the low-light conditions at the racecourse where I was using them.
on 29 May 2015
I really like these binoculars. I had been using some large, cumbersome binoculars that were over 50 years old before I bought these and it's nice to have a much lighter, better set of binoculars. They seem to trap light very well and that results in a bright image through the binoculars. They really are very lightweight, which makes them easy to use and carry around.

They come with lens caps, a strap and soft case too, which is handy.

You do need to configure the diopter and whilst instructions are given in the little manual that comes with the binoculars, I found them too long and a touch confusing, so this is what you need to do:

1. Cover the right lens and use the focus wheel to get a clear picture in your left eye of something in the middle distance.

2. Now cover the left lens and adjust only the diopter so that the same image is now clear in your right eye.

That's it - they should now be configured for your eyes and you shouldn't need to adjust the diopter again.
on 14 September 2009
These are good value for money. Light, easy to use & very portable with a good field of view.