1,307

on 6 April 2017
I bought this as I wanted to try out flight simming and I was enjoying elite dangerous (among other games). Below are the pros and cons:
Pros:
1) OUTSTANDING VALUE: This performs as well as something twice the price.
2) Solid Features: There is the ability to remap buttons, change joystick resistance and the joystick and the throttle can be separated if need be.
3) Compatibilty: Works on Windows 10 with FSX, X plane11 and Elite Damgerous
Cons:
1) Mediocre build quality: It is plasticky but you can't really complain at this price
Summary:
This is for you if you enjoy elite dangerous and want an upgrade over standard controls. If you are new to flight simming this is also a great stick. I cannot, however, recommend this to pilots as there are better products out there for professionals such as this logitech yoke: Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below, I will try to answer them. If you found this review helpful in anyway please press the "yes" or "helpful" button.
on 7 June 2016
I am returning this product. I hate to do it because I absolutely love it in almost every regard and in almost every detail, but it's just unusable for accurate flying/aiming.

The stick:
I've been a pilot for 12 years and this is the only flight stick I've used that comes anywhere near to the feel of a real cyclic. The metal finish looks and feels aircraft quality and the buttons are the first that have the really solid quality feel you get in multi-million euro aircraft. It's is so much better in look and feel than my previous HOTAS stick, the X52. The solid, consistent spring force coupled to the weight of the stick and it's base make this feel superb, and like it will be really precise. It is however anything but. The reason is 'stiction'. Simply put; the static friction in the axis is much, much greater than the dynamic friction which results in jerky motion and makes accurate input impossible. It will make even the most skilled pilot feel like a clumsy mess.

The throttle:
The weight and solidness of the throttle base combined with the smooth motion of the throttles gives a beautifully crisp and solid feel, especially with the friction turned up. The buttons and switches on the throttles themselves are as good as anything else I've used, even if they don't feel just as good as the stick's buttons and switches. The base's switches feel like they come from real aircraft parts, -very firm action and a very satisfying click, although they are very A-10 specific. The two spring loaded 3-way switches have a particularly satisfying feel.

Overall:
This is the best joystick/throttle ever produced in almost every way, but the one place where it is extremely poor is the single most important aspect of any joystick(I can actually fly much more accurately on my laptop trackpad!!). This will make your flying very clumsy, and if you don't realise that it's the stick fault you may in turn think you're less skilled than you are or that the sim/game is too hard. This is such a disappointment that unfortunately ruins an otherwise exceptional product.
on 9 January 2016
I have recently got back into flight simulation after several years away basically due to the amazing DCS series currently on the market , used to have the the old saitek x36 pros using the the old `Janes` simulation series (gunship,f18,f15) and at the time they were a great HOTAS System, did a little research and it was between these and the Saitek x55 Rhino which looks a good buy in any case but these are all `Plastic constuct` which is a little bit of a letdown

Opted for these because i had the extra cash and do not get the wrong idea they are an expesive purchase, and you have to be a pretty serious sim user to bite the bullet tbh, also bought the `TRACKIR5` to complete my initial sim return set-up which is something definatly worth getting too!!

Pros: but will outline the pros and cons below

Pros:
Amazing all metal construction
Serious weight, feels expensive
Look the total business
many profiles
They have a learning curve (sim players are prepared for this)

Cons:
Pricey
Heavy
not for the faint heated

Get these you wont regert it
Excellent starter control sticks. The motion isn't that precise from the joystick itself, but the buttons all work well. I was quite happy using this for several months on Elite Dangerous, before than getting good enough to want slightly more precise control, and of course wanting even more HAT switches!!

I got these when I started playing games again, wanted something cheap to see how much I actually played before then moving on to something more expensive.
on 16 March 2017
This is the 2nd one of these I have bought, the first lasting a couple of years! Absolutely brilliant stick for flight sim games. Very robust and hard wearing too, i sim almost daily and it took over 2 years to it to start having issues. I looked at more expensive options such as the x52 but honestly, saw nothing that made me want to spend nealry £100 more over thisd brilliant stick.

If you love flying then this is for you!
on 3 September 2010
Recently my Extreme 3D Pro PC Joystick broke, and normaly i do go back to Logitech as i like the weight & feel of them. I have tried other brands like Saitek(Wireless Cyborg Evo), but the joystick was too lightweight & i never felt in full control as it would float about in my hands when manouvering. So i thought i'd try a new brand, and went with Thrustmaster to try them out.

I do prefer this Thrustmaster T.16000M over the Saitek i tried. It has the weight advantage, similar to that of the Logitech & so you feel good control with it staying put as you manouver. It handles well & stays dead centre when hands off, although i did find the sticks handle to be a little too wide for myself (probably to make it custom for left or right handed people), and although i liked it allot, more than the Saitek, it didnt quite give me that full all round control & feeling that i had with the Logitech.

In conclusion, I've been pleasnatly suprised by the responsiveness, the good weight in the base for that feeling of control & the general build quality of the T.16000M. However i have since gone back to the Logitech stick i had previously, as it just suited my needs/style allot better. Dont get me wrong, this Thrustmaster T.16000M is a good joystick, but like most peripherals it comes down to personal feel & comfort, and for me, it wasnt the right one this time around, but it might be for you. Reccomended.
on 25 November 2016
I have recently bought this product, after reading the reviews I was a bit worried, but after I tried it it is a very good stick much better than my previous one. the built quality is amazing and the buttons positions are perfect. I recommend it
on 24 June 2015
Perfect use for PC flight sims. I bought this for Elite : dangerous. Does everything that is needed of it, enough buttons to map most things. Elite is a bit map crazy so not quite enough but better than keyboard or pad. All buttons functional and auto detects too.

The separation of joystick and throttle is really handy though could do with some more weight. Friction dial at the bottom is handy for making it feel a bit more realistic.

All in all, well worth the money
on 15 March 2017
Its okay for some games but doesn't have enough buttons for games like Elite:Dangerous, It also don't work with star citizen, but its great for Microsoft Flight Simulator however.
on 21 March 2017
Absolutely fantastic joystick/throttle for the price. I use this for flight sims and war thunder, you won't be disappointed!

Good service, fast delivery. Fab