Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 March 2014
Every music library should have this classic disc. It is still one of the best ever albums and I love it
on 27 February 2016
How people perceive a band varies and for me Spandau Ballet were one of my favourite bands of the Eighties with Diamond being the last album i bought until they became more mainstream and now everyone thinks of Gold and True.

The more diverse era of The Spands for me saw them step towards the peak where perhaps one of the finest collabarations of two bands reached the nadir of perfection and was celebrated on a BBC 4 documentary. South London soul funksters Beggar and Company had quickly slipped in and out of our attentions as there Somebody Help Me Out single whizzed in and out of the Top 40.

Were the Kemp brothers going to miss this? Not a chance. Fushioning Beggar and Co and The Spands the ominous masterpiece Chant No.1 (I don't need this pressure on) smashed in to No.4 with it's haunting rhythm and brass section seranaded by the eerie cover art. Now i loved Too Cut a Long Story, The Freeze (still trying to work that one out 32 years on) etc but this was the pinnacle.

It got better and more of the same yet Paint Me Down was disrespected and fell out at No.35. It is one of the greatest songs Spandau did and they knew it and so did i and a few other people too yet it remains one of musics great injustices.
on 31 January 2014
Superb collection of 17 hits from 1980-1986. All the fan favourites are there : 'True', 'Gold' and the gorgeous 'Through The Barricades' as well as the classy 'Only When You Leave' and 'Round And Round'. This is a great nostalgia trip, proving that Gary Kemp was one of the best songwriters of the 1980s and Tony Hadley was a cracking vocalist in his prime. This is definitely well worth adding to your collection of 'guilty pleasures'.
on 22 June 2013
A classic of the era, before the manufactured boy bands moved in! Must-have additon to anyone's 1980s music.
Merchant very good, no problems in time of delivery or quality of product
on 27 December 2014
Bought as a gift for me. I enjoyed the 3 or 4 famous singles, but did not discover anything else that I particularly enjoyed. The clarity of the vocals are extremely good
on 7 September 2001
This CD contains the best tracks that Spandau Ballet recorded.It starts with one of the most well known tracks "Gold", and finished with what i would call,the best track of them all, "Through the Barricades"."Gold" is a very strong, lively song to begin the album with."Through the Barricades" has such a strong feeling to it, which touches the heart, and soul.An absolutely beautiful song,to end such a fantastic album with.All in all this is the best CD I own.Well worth buying!
on 1 February 2016
I've always liked Spandau Ballet, the first group I ever really listened to, unfortunately all my other SB albums were on tape and have been lost or damaged through the passage of to lime. So when gold the best of Spandau ballet came out I was thrilled as some of the songs, apart from Gold and True, I hadn't heard since the 80's. All my fave SB songs on one disc. A step back into my childhood, teen years. You can't get better than that
on 5 May 2016
Well, what can you say this is the best of Spandex Ballet, put it on as soon as it arrived, have now (the next day) lost my voice singing at full volume to their classics, good job the neighbours were away, took me back to the new romantic era in a flash even dug out the leather trousers still in my wardrobe (sad I know) now way i will ever get into them now, maybe they will come back in for one of me children, you must get this
on 23 December 2013
Its a great album, and it is exactly as I was expecting, as all the songs are good old classics.
on 4 February 2014
If you like 80's music then you'll love this! All the hits and some album tracks are there, there's a DVD with videos of all the songs too and of course the awesome sound of Tony Hadley's fabulous voice! Worth it just to go down Memory Lane and relive all that great music.