Format: DVD|Change

on 7 March 2017
So happy to own this again! I had this as a child and watched it all the time. Really great film with a bit of everything in it :)

DVD arrived quickly and in great condition.

Highly recommend this film and the seller
on 3 May 2017
My daughter saw this and got me to purchase it as it was an old film she watched as a child. she loved it as it brought back memories and said it was still a great film.
on 21 April 2017
We already loved the film, but the DVD skipped part way through. If it had not have been so cheap I would have returned.
on 29 December 2016
Great film and good quality. Just like i remember when i was little.
on 5 May 2016
on 28 September 2008
This is an outstanding film that I bought for my 10 year old daughter. She has watched it at least 20 times and she loves every aspect of it! She loves the music, the characters and the story. Altoghether I would definetly reccomend this film.
on 13 November 2007
I've been loving this film since I saw it at the cinema as a young child. I saw it something close to six times and having found my copy of the soundtrack I remembered why. It's a timeless classic with beautiful music and visuals that doesn't rely on shady semi-adult humour and celebrity voice-overs for money as so many do these days.
on 1 March 2009
As a devout fan of Arthurian Legend, I really enjoyed watching this animation, but I wasn't expecting much. Immediately I found that the budget seemed fairly standard, with the animation in places jerky and the CGI making only a minimal appearance. These older kinds of animation are limited now, so I find myself cherishing the lines of the animators in the characters.

Having said that, it manages to stay fairly British, with a decent version of mythical elements and with some great voices. Basically, the sword Excalbur is taken by a big bad Knight, and the usual Disneyesque traits kick in....There are some decent lines in the script from both the good side and the bad, as to this scenario.

We get Andrea Corr as Kayleigh, (so her singing is great), Gary Oldman who is a bit quiet but always interesting in the villain, Cary Elwes doing his great British accent as the blind hermit Garret, and Pierce Brosnan as King Arthur, and Eric Idle as one of the dragons. Eric Idle's song I thought could have been better though, all the others are fine.

Ok, the villain is fairly unoriginal and gets a lot of screen-time, but he does the job ... All the humorous elements and kinds of characters and songs are there. It's entertaining stuff. It's also romantic.

I especially like the Hermit from his forest, and there is a bit of humor and a great deal of action in their quest.

All-in-all, a very likable addition to Arthurian cartoons, since The Sword In The Stone (45th Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [1963]. Enjoy!
on 1 September 2011
I bought this for my 5 & 3 year old to watch during the summer holidays and they both love it. They ask for it each time we say they can watch a film. It starts straight away, which is a very refreshing change to most DVDs - no need to wait half an hour for all the trailers. It also seems to appeal to both of them equally - a knights and castles-crazy boy and a princess and animal-loving girl... A very good buy.
on 1 November 2012
Words cannot describe how much I love this film, so was very happy to see it at a good price on amazon after my video copy gave up. Would recommend for kids and adults alike, the music is amazing and a great storyline.