Customer reviews

Great.... thanks!!
on 2 June 2017
fantastic
on 30 May 2017
its knopfler what else do you need to know ?
on 1 June 2017
Excellent
on 23 March 2017
Quality.
on 27 April 2017
Excellent
on 2 July 2017
This is an outrageously good album.. bought it when it was a tape for my Walkman.. was not sure .. bought it when it was a download for my IPhone... got older... the siren songs kept calling me back... now I am pushing 60... finding I am listening to the Knopfler non-DS albums more and more... but this first solo album is double A plus plus...
HALL OF FAMEon 26 October 2008
'Golden Heart' is one of those albums that is rarely far from my stereo despite having it in my music collection for many years. It blends perfectly Knopflers voice, songwriting abilities and awesome guitar playing into one heavenly package. From the beautiful opener 'Darling Pretty' to 'Golden Heart' via the upbeat and fun 'Cannibals' and taking in the mournful melancholy of 'Rudiger' this album delivers so much emotion on one CD it almost demands repeated listening. The closing solo on 'Are We in Trouble Now' still gives me goosebumps even now and shows just how much power this album has. Knopflers later solo albums were hit and miss, but this one set the standard so high it was always going to be difficult to live up to it and this is the Knopfler album I keep coming back to. With searing beauty and lyrics that will leave you breathless, this is one CD I'll happily recommend above many others.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 30 March 2006
This is one of three albums that I had on cassette tape and played so much in the car that the tapes wore out. It's worth buying just for the last track - 'Are we in Trouble Now', and in fact I'd buy it just for the guitar solo at the end of that track. But there are plenty of other great things too, and the whole album has an atmosphere of Celtic melancholy. It's especially good when driving through the Borders into Scotland.
on 12 May 2001
This long-awaited solo effort is so laid back its almost horizontal!You can tell Mark is enjoying himself,though and it still oozes quality.A classic it is not.The stand out tracks are the title track and the last,'Are we in trouble...',its worth owning the recording for these alone.Genrally though,fans only need apply...'Sailing to philadelphia',thats a different matter...