Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 July 2005
When the original CD format was launched it was said that as many people owned Brothers in Arms as owned CD players. The same by rights should be true of the SACD version. 20 years later and the new fledgling format also needs a killer sales-boosting album for people to take it seriously. Brothers in Arms delivers once again.
It has been about 10 years since I last heard a song from this album after giving away my CD copy. Hearing it again brought me as many surprises as the first time round. I had completely forgotten tracks like "Your Latest Trick" and "One World" and they sounds as fresh and stunning as when they were conceived. I simply love this album. So much so that it has reminded me how good listening to music can be. I am talking about music as music (not as background tunes) - sitting quietly and listening purely to this album is just great.
Part of this renaissance is due in no small part to the stunning 5.1 mix. It opens the soundstage right into the room and is never showy or obvious. Just like when stereo is used well and set up correctly, it's hard to discern where effects have been used. Returning back to a stereo recording soon proves just how simply amazing, good 5.1 music can be.
If you liked any of the original tracks released from this album (Money for Nothing, Brothers in Arms or The Walk of Life) then you will love this album. Though the styles of songs on this album change - the quality endures.
....BUY IT.....
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2017
This album has so many memories for me. In 1986 I bought it on LP for my eldest brothers birthday, I loved it so much he bought me a copy on tape, so that I wouldn't keep on pinching the LP to play. Then we both moved on to CD. Even to this day this is both one of our favourite albums.This album never bores me. 5 stars!
on 15 August 2014
The price was right--- I bought the single-sided one --- for some classic tracks at their best... and full-length versions, at that.
A must-buy for Dire Straits' fans and music-lovers with a good sound-system!
on 26 April 2017
Great priced CD with lots of good songs, a good choice. No problems.
on 14 March 2017
Thank you from Russia. Fast shipping. Good recording quality.
on 6 April 2017
JUST AS EXPECTED BRILLIANT AND ARRIVED EARLY!
on 27 April 2017
Arrived very quickly, first class music
on 12 March 2017
Good service, good product.
on 12 March 2017