Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 December 2000
After listening to this C.D at a friends house, whose son had been given it as birthday gift, i was hooked. Although it is aimed at a young audience (it comes complete with stickers), I genuinly feel that its rich range of culturally diverse music has something to offer everyone. 'Three little birds' is a well known Bob Marley song and on this albumn, his mother, who sings it, brings it to life with classic reggae charm. Along similar lines is Manu Chao's 'Bongo Bong'. A chilled, funky French tune based around the story of bongo playing monkey! This really has got to be heard. This is a C.D that consists of 12 excellent songs. Many of which are sung in the original language in which they were written. World Playground also comes with a booklet that provides a brief history on the origin of each song, the story behind it, lyrics and translations. An exciting example of music from all over the globe, from the mellow beats of Africa to the traditional Rembetiko love song of Greece. This is definetly, a must have.
on 19 April 2009
This is a fantastic cd - I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old and they both love singing along to this. The words are easy to pick up even when in other languages and great when the kids start learning French and Spanish. I recommend this to anyone fed up with the nursery rhymes and annoying songs aimed at children. As a family we all have our favorite songs on this cd and love listening to this in the car. Also a great introduction to world music for children.
on 11 July 2010
I bought this CD for my Pre-school, having read glowing reviews about it...definately justified. The children love it, whether listening to specific songs, or dancing when it is on in the background. I'll be looking to purchase other CDs in the range. Great product for promoting multicultural teaching.
on 8 October 2012
I bought this CD to use with small groups of adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities. I am really impressed with the diverse range of songs on here and how much you had to dance to the music! My group loved the music as soon as it began and were playing along with percussion and moving to the music. I am having very good results also with some people who are on the autistic spectrum and are responding really well to this CD - one man stayed in the group throughout the whole session and moved to the music which is something he has not done before. Another lady who is usually not verbal said a couple of words very clearly whilst listening to this CD so thank you very much. I would highly recommend this CD to anyone who loves music. I will be buying more in this series as soon as I can! Thank you.
on 16 August 2009
Another Putamayo hit. High quality original music that shows you don't need a sickly sweet voice to perform appealing music for kids. Good mixture of instrumental and vocal music in a mix of styles. Very catchy. Highly recommended. Something the whole family can enjoy.
on 10 January 2010
Very enjoyable - world rhythms to put a bounce in your day. Not just for children, just for anyone who loves music.
on 8 April 2015
It's ok. The kids don't find it that interesting and some songs are very cheesy. In terms of representing the world, it's not great. I have created a better world music playlist on iTunes, which the kids find a lot more fun.
on 9 August 2013
This is a lovely combination of world music both for adults and children. Personally there are 1 or 2 tunes that I don't like, but that happens when you by a cd. However the rest of the cd is very enjoyable. The sellers offered a fast and reliable service.
on 4 January 2013
My son was 'weaned' on this CD and now that he is 21 months it is instantly recognisable and he always want to dance to it. For me most of the songs are just brilliant particularly 'King of the Jungle'
on 3 April 2013
World playground includes various artists from different countries and various styles of music. I find this very appropriate for children to listen to; they widen their music culture and they learn to appreciate other types of music.