Customer reviews

on 10 June 2000
I bought " EVERYWHERE " a couple of years back when I lived in Oklahoma . And thought it was a truly outstanding ablum . So I waited with baited breath for the release of " A Place In The Sun " . And Tim has gotten even better . Everyone of the songs are brillant . I get a tear in the corner of my eye when I hear this album . It is true country unlike Shania Twains version of country
on 8 November 2013
you know the story, you have heard a song you really like but can't find it as a single download so do you chance it and buy a whole album for one song? Well this happened to me when I had heard 'My Best Friend' and loved it. I like country music so I bit the bullet and bought Tim McGraws album Place In The Sun. It arrived very quickly in excellent condition so I popped into the cd player and sat back to listen, wow every song had me hooked.Many of the songs on this album reached #1 in the US country chart, it's not all pure country so as my heading says if you like easy listening I'm sure you would enjoy this too.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 August 2005
Tim began as a traditional country singer as his debut album shows, but he gradually moved into the pop-country market. So although the credits on this album (his fifth) include fiddle and steel guitar, you won't find too much evidence of Tim's roots here. With Please remember me (a Rodney Crowell song) becoming a huge American pop hit, Tim gave clear proof of his appeal to pop audiences. Nevertheless, this is a brilliant album of its type. As ever, Tim's song selection is impeccable. He seems to know exactly what the American public wants and (just as important) what songs suit his voice.
Tim chose not to include any driving up-tempo songs on this album, focusing mainly but not entirely on romantic love songs. The original American edition of this album didn't include any duets with Faith although my UK edition includes one as the only bonus track - a remix version of It's your love.
My favorite track here (My next thirty years) finds Tim hoping to do various things in the future but you know that maybe he's not too serious - we all know how easy to put things off and only end up doing some of them. The title track is typical of the album - reflective and mellow. You might think that the title suggests an upbeat, fun song, but here the place in the sun is something that Tim wishes and hopes for. Another great song is the opening track, The trouble with never - another great song that everybody can relate to. Other great songs include Something like that, My best friend, Seventeen, Eyes of a woman and She'll have you back.
I like Tim's music whatever he sings - whether traditional or contemporary, rousing up-tempo songs or mellow love songs, he has proved his versatility. This mellow pop-country album may not please everybody but if you're into this type of music, it doesn't get much better than this.
on 19 July 2000
I had only really heard "I like it I love it" to line dance to, without realising this was a Tim song. I then heard "Please remember me" which my mother had bought in the States a couple of years ago, and got completely hooked. I really love this album ,particularly the ballad-type numbers. Roll on his next album!
on 29 April 2000
I grew up absolutely LOATHING country music. I cannot convey how strongly. Shania Twain softened me up (though they did pop-up and country-down her album for the brits...) But with Tim McGraw i fell in love. This man has one helluva voice, and this is one hell of a cd. Only a few rauchious true country-style tracks ... forgiveable, since he is actually supposed to be a country singer ... but easily dealt with with a flick of the foreward-skip button! Tracks such as SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE, YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE, and PLEASE REMEMBER ME will melt your heart and wet the tear-ducts, A PLACE IN THE SUN and EYES OF A WOMAN are beautiful, and as the official Amazon reviewer mentioned, the content of the other tracks glow with mature&wise sentiment. Hooray for Tim McGraw. Buy this album!
PS Don McLeese-thereviewerperson, isn't 'It's Your Love' actually a duet with his wife Faith Hill? Well, maybe you're American and they didn't include it on the US version of the album ... ooh, lucky us in GB...
on 13 November 2012
Only discovered Tim Mcgraw recently because like many C&W singers they are not well publicised. I read about
him on the sleeve of a George Strait album that he had written a song for George. I'm so glad I did as I think he is
along with Garth Brooks and George Strait my favourite singer. Boy can he deliver a ballad, so much feeling goes into
it. I was so impressed with 'Its Your Love' which he sings with his wife; Faith Hill, that I bought a couple of her albums,
she's good but not as good as her old man. I'm so glad I found him, this is a superb album.
on 1 February 2000
I hadn't even heard of Tim McGraw until thr 1999 CMA Awards, but after seeing him on that, went out and bought this CD. It's really catchy, and you will enjoy it even if you are not a country fan as this is just great music. My favourite tracks are 17, Something Like That, and The Next 30 Years. My least favourite track is ''Carry On'', as it is more of a traditional country music theme - the first line is 'Momma went to sleep one night and never woke up'. However, that is the only poor song on the whole album. Well worth a listen to.
on 23 February 2013
Its an oldie but goldie.... great numbers that keep you playing over and over.... Well packaged and sealed - so you knew it was brand new to you...
on 10 January 2013
Good mix of tracks and for reasonable price compared to some of his other albums. Would recommend to country fans.
on 20 May 2013
this has got to be one of tims best albums , but then again im a fan so its a no brainer for me to buy this one.