Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 November 1999
This got to be one of the best soundtracks every! Even it you haven't seen the move (which you should) you will definitely enjoy this album. It contains some of the best sounds ever written like "Sweet Home Chicago" and "Think". Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Cab Calloway...the list goes on...what finer collection can there be? I can recommend this CD to anybody, regardless of age and music taste, there is something for everyone in there. It's a classic!
on 15 November 2003
Musicals aren't my thing, jazz/blues style music certainly isn't either but that didn't stop me loving the Blues Brothers film and after seeing that a few times how could I resist the soundtrack. The songs are the same as those in the film (sometimes you get these kind of soundtracks where they have originals rather than the ones in the film) and sound just as good. At the risk of stating the obvious, if you liked the soundtrack in the film, you won't be wasting your money on this!
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2004
This is what music's all about - a gustsy band delivering classic blues/soul, aided and abetted by some of the living legends that made it all possible - and a reminder of a fine film into the bargain.
Cover versions are always dangerous in the wrong hands, but here the debt to the originals is acknowledged, and arrangements show how to score a hit second time around. You thought Duane Eddy's version of Peter Gunn was nigh on perfect? Try the growling horns here for size!
If there is a criticism, it's that Dan Ackroyd and the late John Belushi were not great vocal performers, though they certainly put in plenty of energy. Jailhouse Rock needs a deeper range, and Belushi ain't an Elvis.
There again, when you've got the likes of James Brown, Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles batting on your side, how can you go wrong? I could wax lyrical about all these tracks, but a special mention must go to Aretha's classic Think; listen to the soaring voice - that's how to do it, girl! Soul lives.
on 19 June 2005
I'd like to start this review by saying that I am an 18 year old, who's main musical interests lie in rock, heavy metal and punk.
However, after a friend got me watching the film, I found myself astounded by the amazingly un-natural cool this music can have.
In the film itself the music fits right into place, with star performances from such talent as Aretha Franklin and James Brown.
Having loved the film I got the soundtrack and was not disappointed. This is some of the funkiest, FUNNEST music I've heard in a long time. Whilst rock n' roll provides danger and aggressiveness, this music provides class, style, fun and, dare I say it, magic.
Love it to bits. (Plus theme from Rawhide is totally amazing!)
on 18 November 1999
Absolutely fantastic stuff. A must for every Jake and Elwood fan, and one to put in your car!! Includes a good cross-reference of Soul, Blues and R&B's finest, including a gospel track performed by the Godfather of Soul himself - James Brown. Next, buy the pre-movie "Briefcase Full of Blues" album and the post-movie "Made In America" album.
on 6 May 2002
This is one of the best soundtracks i have ever heard and i can listern to it again and again and never get bored.The Movie is great and it's car chases a legend and even here the music is just right.
It must have been hard to choose this small selection to go on this album, with such a vast collection of excellent artists on show.
Shake a Tail feather is a great track and my kids love it. Everbody loves "Everybody needs somebody to love which is a good while doing the dusting!Question do you know all the words to Minnie The Moocher? Cab Calloway was cool.Least liked track is "The Old Landmark, and that is only because i do not understand James Brown. Buy this and watch the film and enjoy some timeless music,it would be a crime not too.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 April 2014
All of the great songs from the Blues Brothers movie. If you haven't seen the film then can i suggest that you do. Great music and a funny script. The music really is great to listen to, nobody comes close to the BBs when it comes to Blues music. Great stuff and good value!
on 7 July 2015
if this does not get u moving well u must be really tired did mu housework in half the time what a terrific soundtrack must be honest cant remember the rawhide track love it watched it with my now over fifty son when it first came on telly this song version brilliant plus all the great singers on it what a download thanks blusies...
on 30 June 2013
I kept hearing various tracks from this on the radio and felt I would enjoy the album. I do and I don't. I like it when I'm in the mood (that's true of all music probably) and prefer not to listen to it all at once. Perhaps if I'd seen the film I'd be more enthusiastic and hope I've not offended and die hard Blues Brothers fans.
on 28 May 2014
First class service. Thanks again.I love the music from the film and have meant to buy it for a long time. Amazon made it so easy when I remembered and now it's in my collection. Great music, great band and great service. Jim.