Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 May 2015
A brilliant set from a great musician -- the guitar players guitarist. This 'bible' was issued a long time ago, and after a lot of recent down sizing, it was one album that hadn't previously been on my shelf for some reason. It is now, amongst my selection of crown jewels. Recommended!
on 6 December 2002
On a visit to Germany in 2000, I found myself looking around a CD megastore with a few Marks burning a hole in my pocket. Being a massive fan of Wolverhampton Wanderers, I had a passing interest in Jeff Beck, as his song 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' (or 'Hi Ho Wolverhampton' as we Wolves fans like to sing) is played before Wolves' home matches.
So I bought 'Jeff Beck; the Best Of.'
This album is astoundingly good, praise best explained by the fact that 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' is one of my least favourite songs on the CD: and I love 'Hi Ho Silver Lining.'
Most of the songs on the CD come from a time when Beck was collaborating with Rod Stewart, which adds class, and some of my favourite tracks include 'I've Been Drinking Again,' 'Morning Dew,' 'Jailhouse Rock,' 'All Shook Up'... oh, they're all good. This album led me to pursue other Beck albums, and take up Air Guitar to an almost professional level. I would advise anybody to buy this excellent, excellent album.
on 28 April 2013
i was hoping for some of jeff becks classic guitar playing but i did not feel it was up to expectations
on 14 May 2012
excellent!! the CD brought back many memories of my youth.
oh for the 1960 and 70s
magic music

thank you Jeff Beck!!
on 27 April 2015
This is a superb compilation of great late 60s and early 70s pieces that showcase Beck's - and Rod Stewart's virtuosity. Get this straight, Beck is a maestro, and while I love 'Every picture tells a story' and 'Never a dull moment', I prefer Stewart right here with Beck. Rod got a bit to commercial for me later on. This music is perfect for Rod Stewart! In this setting he's the male equivalent of a cross between Janis Joplin and Maggie Bell. 'You shook me' by Beck & Stewart was released in '68, and must surely have directly inspired Led Zeppelin's rendition of the very same song on their 1969 debut album. So why did I give this album only 4 stars? Because of the inclusion of two schmultzy pieces: 'Greensleeves' and 'Love is blue'. I cannot imagine why Beck would play this sort of kitsch, let alone include it on a rock album of this calibre. I would like to believe that the record company gave Jeff and Rod no say in the matter.
on 12 August 2014
very satisfied enjoyed playing cd just like old times prompt delivery as usual
on 15 April 2016