Customer reviews

on 13 April 2007
This album (& also her previous album "Take Me As I Am") are Faith Hill at her best! I wish she would do more like this, it is infinitely better than her newer stuff. This is proper Country Music, even though some of it has a more modern sound. It is a truly enjoyable album. Let's Go To Vegas is by far my favourite track and has been a favourite of mine for a few years now since Irish Country star Susan McCann released her version of it in 2003 and I loved it. I am actually surprised how similar her version sounds to Faith's original.

Anyway, this is a super album and a must for any Country fan and if you like Faith's newer stuff then why not give this a listen to and I am sure you'll love it too!!!

I think it is much better than her newer stuff, but then I am a big Country fan so I am a bit biased. However, don't get me wrong some of her newer stuff is great to. I love her UK hit "This Kiss" but it isn't really all that Country.
6 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2015
excellent service from the customer as i would recommend them to friends and family very pleased with this item
on 7 April 2014
As expected the item was used but I had thought they might have cleaned the disc prior to dispatch. However, the CD still worked fine so no real complaints.
on 16 April 2016
Love it
on 28 June 2013
I rated this album as I have because there are wonderful songs on it my particular favourite is Room in my heart
on 17 December 2014
Bought for a friend He's happy with it
on 16 February 2016
The first time I heard Faith Hill was when I was on holiday in America back in 1998. I was listening to the local radio country and western channel which was playing her song called “This Kiss”.

So when I was shopping at one of the local shopping malls the day after. I popped into a record shop where I’d bought some of her CD’s.

I bought three of her albums on that day the first was “Faith”, “Take Me as I am” the third album was this one “It Matters to Me”.

The CD booklet has the lyrics to all the songs and some still photos of the singer which are interwoven with the lyrics, (lyrics printed on top of the photos)

I love listening to the entire CD, but if you were to ask me if I’d a favourite I’d have to say yes, it’s the entire CD.

It’s a must for any Faith Hill fan and I can highly recommend it. :-)
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 August 2002
I like Faith's later music up to a point, but this is my favorite of hers. I yearn for the day when she makes another album like this - after her hit-making days are over, perhaps?
The songs are variously feisty (Bed of roses, You will be mine), just plain fun (Viva Las Vegas) or serious (A man's home is his castle, about domestic violence). There's even a gospel duet (Keep walkin' on) with the great Shelby Lynne.
The whole feel of the album is country, albeit with a contemporary edge, very different from Faith's later albums. Some of the sad songs have upbeat backing music, so if you don't listen too closely you may not realise just how sad they really are.
This is a brilliant album. Following on from her debut (Take me as I am), another brilliant album, I expected more of the same to follow. It didn't, but her later albums are not as bad as some would have you believe.
5 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2008
This is easily her best album before she decided to go into Pop/Country territory!
This album produced 5 hits-included are the classic hits Someone Else's Dream(love the lyrics to this)Let's Go To Vegas(really catchy uptempo),You Can't Lose Me,and the beautiful ballads It Matters To Me and I Can't Do That Anymore(which Alan Jackson wrote).All excellent songs!
Other gems include the touching domestic abuse song A Man's Home Is His Castle and the fiesty uptempo You Will Be Mine.
Produced by Scott Hendricks and Faith-her ex boyfriend as she went on to marry Tim McGraw.This album has a great collection of traditional 90's country music that you will still enjoy today!
I can't recommend this little gem enough....
One person found this helpful
on 4 October 2011
just bought this cd. i had it years ago and wow i had forgot just how good it was this is a lovely romantic cd brings back really good memories