on 26 March 2016
The price is great although my pc has now stopped working within a year of purchase. Unfortunately the £55 diagnosis fee in addition to additional courier and parts means it's not economical to get repaired. Not a bad purchase if it's a stop gap but don't expect it to be a long term good purchase.
on 2 January 2016
does the job but graphics card could have been better
on 28 May 2015
ALL GOOD.
on 5 August 2015
I can't believe the spec I got.
I've turned it into a home server.
Great value
on 1 September 2014
This Dell pc has a remarkably small footprint and easily fits on top of my desk (on top of my sub woofer actually!) and is extremely QUIET; can just barely hear the single fan - the very point of buying this model. My previous pc had two very intrusive fans which could be heard over the music being played.
I therefore bought this pc as a replacement and it does everything I require: surfing the net; emails; WORD documents; playing music and watching dvd/films; storing my work (documents) and photographs easily on its 1TB storage.
AND, for the money where can you go wrong ....!
It also comes ready loaded with Windows 7 Pro with Oracle Apache Office software fully compatible with Microsoft Office, for my needs anyway, absolutely FREE !!! Thus saving another £100 or so ....
Gripes: it is a tad low on extensions & add-ons - there are only 2x free USB ports on the front, so maybe not the ideal choice for gamers ..... BUT it does everything I need from a brand (DELL) that I feel is reliable and robust.
It is FAST!
33 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2014
Very pleased with this, does what it says on the tin! Bargain.
on 28 April 2014
Take the plunge and buy it. You won't be disappointed. I was skeptical of the high spec and low price, but when it arrived I was over the moon. We use this for presentations and web surfing mainly and in terms of performance it is faultless. Set up is absolutely minimum, just plug it in.
on 2 May 2014
I bought this computer to replace a 10 year old Medion XP machine which suddenly died on me. This one has 64 bit
Windows 7 Professional loaded which is similar enough to XP to make you feel at home from the start and is more
user friendly.

I had backed up my files but was worried that some databases from Windows Works 7 might be irretrievable. The
Works 7 disc installed OK and my files were safe. I could not however install Nero 6 or a Pinnacle Video editing
program. So be prepared that some of your old applications might not work with 7.

I also had to find a way for recording streamed sound by connecting Line out to Line in sockets with an external
lead. To monitor the sound I had to include a 3.5mm female socket in the lead as the front headphone socket is
disabled if you use the rear sockets.

I also had a problem with windows updates as there were 152 of them waiting to pile in automatically when I
switched on, too big a bite and the computer failed to install them properly leading to endless cycles of failed
updates. The secret is to do them manually a few at a time.
When the Disc drive disappeared off the Windows Explorer screen I was ready to send the machine back. I think this
was a result of trying to install the incompatible Nero software but uninstalling the corrupt driver files and then
rebooting solved that problem. I emailed Kelsus about these problems and they were quick to reply but I sorted them
out without resorting to returning the machine.

So after a few initial teething problems I am highly pleased with the Dell. It's obviously refurbished as there's a
scratch on the top but it cost a quarter of the price of my previous computer. It's about the size of two house
bricks laid side by side, ie a third the size of the machine it replaces. It's got a hard drive 4 times bigger and
3 times as much RAM memory and is much quieter.
WiFi is derived from a thumb sized dongle in a rear USB socket and this worked as soon as I put in the WEP code.
Because of the size there's a limited amount of room for socketry but there's two USBs on the front, four on the
back. Audio sockets front and back. It comes with a Dell keyboard and mouse, an adaptor for the monitor connection
and an external power supply that sits comfortably on the desk. I connected up my existing printer and monitor
without problem and was up and running within 20 minutes of unpacking it from yards of bubblewrap.

For preloaded software, there's 3 web browsers, Google, Mozilla, & Explorer, Open office, AVG free,a video player
which seems to play most formats, all the Windows accessories that come with the OS, Skype, a couple of useless
games. So far no crashes and Windows 7 starts up much faster than XP did.

So if you want an inexpensive machine to replace an ageing XP computer to keep you going till Windows 9 comes along
I'd recommend this one.
11 Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2014
plugged in and away it went. no problems as yet.quick delivery very pleased with purchase. i would use again in future.
on 15 April 2014
I bought this to be used as a second PC, just for Office work and Web Surfing.

Delivery was fast and the PC was well packaged and included a Dell keyboard and mouse which were not expected.

The PC boots quickly and comes pre-installed with W7 Professional, which works perfectly well. The PC is nowhere near powerful enough to play recent 3D video games, but if like me you just want to web surf and work on documents it's fine and decent value for money.

Two small criticisms:
1) In addition to Windows 7 the PC came pre-installed with a few unwanted programs such as iTunes and OpenOffice. I'd have preferred a machine without such garbage. And note: the game "Fish Tycoon" contains a virus and should be deleted.
2) The PC is advertised as 'new' but its casing was dirty and scratched, making me suspect it is either ex-demo or refurbished. This was disappointing but not a deal killer as the machine IS good value anyway.

In summary, a decent cheap and cheerful solution.
44 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse