on 15 May 2016
If you like horses and you want an easy read then this is the book for you. A bit of a Cinderella fairytale, with the 'villain' - including horses.
on 19 July 2013
Having read the other reviews I was hoping for a well written, plausible book. Although the plot was interesting and I felt I had to read until the end to find out what happened there were several things that were a bit far fetched and unlikely. There were also a few things that happened around horses that you just wouldnt do. I wont say what as it might spoil the story. Altogether, it was a fair read but not believable.
on 1 November 2015
Ok but could have had a bit more intrigue with some of the good characters
on 5 September 2014
An easy to read story that keeps you guessing to the end. The love story aspect of the book is perhaps a little predictable and obvious. It's not fast paced but at least it has more than one twist and I found that I wanted to keep reading to discover who the murderer was. A good opening to the story which perhaps the rest of the book did not entirely live up to.
on 29 October 2012
I read this book on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Being a Dressage rider myself I almost thought I recognised some of the characters featured in the novel and loved the twist at the end. For me the ending definitely left a feeling that there is room for a sequel with the same main characters (particuarly as Simon obviously works for the 'Special Services' in some form or another!)
So if you like an easy read from an author who clearly knows her subject matter then I would highly recommend it.
on 9 December 2016
I enjoyed the book but found it poorly written, the story held me , however I won't be buying any more of hers.
on 17 May 2014
I bought this book after seeing it mentioned on Horse And Hound online. I loved it. In fact I only managed to put it down once and read it in two sittings. The plot was a little predictable, I liked that and there were some unseen twists along the way.
Although it is set in an Equestrian environment this should not put off non horsey people. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it.
on 19 November 2013
very good story kept me interested right to the end of the book. Another author I haven't read. Will certainly read again.
on 4 January 2015
First book I have read by this author. Def not Dick Francis but enjoyable nonetheless.
on 14 May 2013
Really enjoyed this book the story has a few twists and keeps you wanting to know what happens next and the fact it has horses involved also appealed to me being a horse lover myself would highly recommend
2 people found this helpful