Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 July 2013
Having read the other reviews I was hoping for a well written, plausible book. Although the plot was interesting and I felt I had to read until the end to find out what happened there were several things that were a bit far fetched and unlikely. There were also a few things that happened around horses that you just wouldnt do. I wont say what as it might spoil the story. Altogether, it was a fair read but not believable.
on 14 May 2013
Really enjoyed this book the story has a few twists and keeps you wanting to know what happens next and the fact it has horses involved also appealed to me being a horse lover myself would highly recommend
on 17 May 2014
I bought this book after seeing it mentioned on Horse And Hound online. I loved it. In fact I only managed to put it down once and read it in two sittings. The plot was a little predictable, I liked that and there were some unseen twists along the way.
Although it is set in an Equestrian environment this should not put off non horsey people. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it.
on 5 September 2014
An easy to read story that keeps you guessing to the end. The love story aspect of the book is perhaps a little predictable and obvious. It's not fast paced but at least it has more than one twist and I found that I wanted to keep reading to discover who the murderer was. A good opening to the story which perhaps the rest of the book did not entirely live up to.
on 4 May 2015
A real good read for all horse fans. If you like a book with good characters this is it. The author is an inspiration to all aspiring authors. If you like Bolted you'll also love Counting Stars, a cracking good read with great characters, a good plot and plenty of Irish humour.
review image
on 29 October 2012
I read this book on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Being a Dressage rider myself I almost thought I recognised some of the characters featured in the novel and loved the twist at the end. For me the ending definitely left a feeling that there is room for a sequel with the same main characters (particuarly as Simon obviously works for the 'Special Services' in some form or another!)
So if you like an easy read from an author who clearly knows her subject matter then I would highly recommend it.
on 27 May 2014
I read this book after a review in H&H. Following directly after a Dick Francis book it was wonderful to read something within the eventing world! The odd noticeable grammar mistake here and there but I carried on reading regardless (as I can't talk about grammar)
on 9 May 2014
The ideas were good, but the writing is very stiff and the denouement unbelievable. It's very one dimensional and really more of a pony story for grownups than a real mystery. I was disappointed.
on 16 May 2013
I'd recommend this read, I found it difficult to put down as the story developed and kept me guessing as to how it would end. It's characters felt real, and it flowed as a good readable novel with danger, evil, love, and best of all, horses.
on 4 October 2012
I thoughly enjoyed this book it was well written and had a twist at the end that I wasnt expecting I look forward to reading her next novel