on 3 May 2015
This was the second book I purchased from Natasha Corrett, the first being Honestly healthy. I didn't realise until browsing in waterstones that there was another book, 'Honestly Healthy for life'.. I subsequently ordered via Amazon.

Much preferred this to HH as it s more informative and not just a book of basic principles and recipes. However, as with Honestly Healthy I really don't believe that NC has worked on these recipes or done significant amount of research as to the quantities of ingredients and timings etc. I'm an accomplished home cook, and food is my passion and I've had to adjust many of the recipies, particularly the desserts/cakes etc.
on 31 March 2016
I bought this for my mum as she likes Natasha's other books. Personally I'm not a fan of her way of eating - I find it a little bland and unsubstantial! - but my mum has been pleased with some of the recipes so it gets a thumbs up from me.

Definitely one for vegans/vegetarians!
on 5 June 2014
I really enjoy reading books about new food trends and styles and I was quick to buy the original HH book. I found their first book quite challenging, not only in the taste dept (In no doubt due to my proclivity for less healthy foods) but also because I found some of the ingredients difficult to source. Since then I've continued transitioning to a more healthy way of life , so I purchased their second book with excitement.

The first part of the book is more literature than recipies - but that's OK as the whole HH approach is about making life long changes - so I really enjoyed reading the information given in this section such as where foods registered on the acid/alkaline scale, how eating alkaline can help a range of heath issues such as fertility and cardiovascular problems. There is also a very handy 5 day meal planner an a HH larder list.

Moving onto the recipie section, they are not divided up into the standard breakfast - lunch - dinner - pudding sections, instead we have -

1. On the Go
2. Lazy Times
3. Hell of a Hullabaloo
4. a Breath of Freshair
5. Hostess with the Mostess
6. Fixers and Boosters

Each chapter comes with their own sub headers within, so for example the first chapter is headed 'On the Go' but has sub sections such as 'Morning Quickies', 'Lunch on the Move' and 'Sunday Prep'. So I would recomend taking the time to read through the book and familiarising yourself with the recipies in each section, then you can fit them into what you would think of as breakfast - lunch...etc..

The recipies at a quick glance contain -

1. Puy Lentil, Brown Rice and Sweet Potaot Salad
2. Raw Green curry with Courgette Noodles
3. Chocolate Kale Chips
4. Vegetable Crumble in a Creamy Thyme Sauce
5. Sesame Burgers
6. Melt in the Mouth Doughnuts
7. Orange and Almond Cake

To name but a few....

So why am I giving it 3 stars, well I am a bit dubious about the clams made in the book in terms of fertility and mood - I believe that there are multiple affcting factors that can influence particular health issues - and diet is not the 'cure all' for these problems - but I do belive that it can help.

Secondly - this book is for people that are already well into healthy eating and have a palate that is ready to accomodate the HH approach. It is a big shock to not only the bodily 'system' but to the taste buds if you are heading into this book from an un-healthy or even a meat/dairy eater position. It is a predominantly Vegan, Vegetarian, raw cook book - and it uses some ingerdients that can be difficult to source. So if you are already a Vegan or a very healthy eater and looking to refine your diet to the next level then this is the book for you. If however, you are looking for healthy recipies that are a little more forgiving and accesible then I would recomend Dale Pinnocks new book 'Healthy Every Day'.
11 Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 June 2015
Not quite as good as the first book but still very good indeed. I love the recipes and this way of cooking. Natasha Corrett is very creative and has completely changed the way I cook. Highly recommended
on 26 July 2016
Had the hard back, needed the kindle version for ease of transport and travelling around
on 4 January 2016
Would recommend.
on 20 November 2016
Another great recipe book from Natasha. Good, wholesome and healthy foods.
on 23 February 2017
Great book
on 30 November 2016
great recipes
on 30 May 2016
I bought this after loving "Honestly Healthy Cleanse" and it did not disappoint, fabulous recipes, easy to follow and lots of information to help you switch to a more healthy way of eating.