Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 July 2015
Some really great and interesting recipes in this book, however if you live in the sticks, even with a nearby Waitrose, expect to have to order some specialist ingredients online hende the four stars. The recipes I have tried have all tasted really good, but I dont like to have to wait days to get ingredients together if I get the urge to make something.
on 23 July 2014
Not many recipes in it, a lot very simple such as fruit on toast or banana smoothie. Some ok recipes but more focused on style and pictures.
on 31 July 2015
Quick delivery by seller, thank you. Bought this for a friend and myself as she was so happy with it. Definitely had to buy off piste from usual shopping list but once in the cupboard, provide the staples for most of the recipes. Some of the recipes I'd adapt as not so fussed about some of the diet requirements.
on 3 September 2014
Bought by my wife. Nicely presented book. Lots of nice recipes for cakes and puddings. If you're trying to reduce your processed sugar intake this is a great book and you can take the ideas and transfer them to other recipes to make them 'sugar' free.
on 4 January 2015
I love this book! having cut down on wheat, dairy and refined sugar, I was wondering if I could satisfy my sweet tooth ever again. However, the simple recipes in this book are very tasty and have made me feel that I am being healthy without sacrificing taste. In fact, I prefer this way of eating and am loath to bake old style ever again.
The chocolate torte using avocados was amazing. As was the coconut vanilla ice cream. I am more of the paleo and primal persuasion so might not use as much spelt or rye flour as are called for in some recipes, but Daisy also suggests millet and buckwheat flour.
I can't wait to try out some of her healthy breakfasts, and delicious sounding cakes.
Some of the ingredients are more expensive, but this balances out, as your body will thank you for putting nutrient rich foods into it.
A beautifully presented book with stunning photos. Daisy is lovely in an unconventional way, and comes across as passionate about her cooking. If you want a new way of eating which honours the body, but without having to give up on treats, this is the book for you.
on 17 August 2014
Beautiful photography and writing. Simply divine recepies.
on 28 April 2015
I ate one of these cakes at a party and found it delicious. The hostess said "try a gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free cake" and I was amazed that there was still some fun left in it. I teased her about her "cake-less cake" then made a note of the title for a friend. This friend is currently suffering a gluten and dairy free diet for health reasons. She tells me it is hard to find foods (especially treaty foods) that meet this criteria. So I bought a copy and sent it to her. I have yet to hear her response but I was impressed by the variety of treaty things recipes. I found the sexy pictures of Daisy a bit cheesy and unnecessary. I guess someone will be inspired by them. Not me, though. Still like the recipes.
on 10 July 2014
I adore this book as I am a celiac and I always struggle to find great gluten free recipes. Since cutting down on refined sugar and dairy this is the perfect treat book for me! The book is beautifully put together with luscious photos of the treats and Daisy too > what a delight! Buy to make these excellent recipes that will help look after yourself and others x
on 1 October 2014
the ingredients used in these recipes are quite specialist, not something you would necessarily have in your cupboard. I was hoping for more gluten free.
on 12 July 2014
This is such a lovely book have tried 2 of the recipes already the carrot and orange cake, and the poached apricots yummy !
it is so nice to see a young girl to be so positive about her convictions