Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 March 2014
German is not easy partly because there are many rules to learn, and it is many years since I became familiar with subordinate clauses, reflexive verbs and the pluperfect even in English!
But, this book strikes the right balance, making learning enjoyable. The sections are aimed at teenagers, but that is not a problem for someone the wrong side of sixty!
Each section is clearly described, with attractive colours and fonts, and nothing is too heavy and overwhelming. There are plenty of examples of the English translation first, and instructions are all in English. I had tried to complete written tasks using a textbbook with NO English explanations or examples at all, and often I could not complete the task because I did not understand the concept. The subjects are everyday topics such as
Holidays
My home and family
Going to work
Daily routine
Hobbies and sports
I think that this is a very well thought out book, very reasonably priced, and I wish that books like this had been available when I was at school. Textbooks were dull and boring as far as I can remember.
on 21 January 2011
Perfect revision tool for kids doing their GCSE's bought it for my sister who was struggling with German and the book really helped her to grasp things alot better. I am also using the same book as a revision aid before I start learning German again. It starts from the basics and works right through everything on the curriculum at GCSE, and also has a section in the back about all the grammar.

Definately reccommend!
on 15 July 2011
I would recommend this to anyone studying German GCSE. The book is written clearly and gives a general understanding of what is required to obtain a GCSE is German.
on 27 June 2011
I purchased this for my Son, he's not very enthusiastic about revision but found this book a great help and made the revision process more engaging.
on 17 July 2014
I have no doubt that this guide will further develop my German language abilities. I have found it a useful companion and additional component to its predecessor- GCSE Complete Revision and Practice which includes an Audio CD
on 31 October 2013
My son is in year 9 and wanted to practice German at home more as he loves the subject in school. The teacher recommended getting him some work books and revision guides to challenge him further. He is really enjoying using the books to further his knowledge of German.
on 14 March 2012
I bought this revision guide for my daughter. She seems to have found it of use - A* in her mocks this week.
on 10 February 2013
bought for my daughter to help improve her German, this book has been a really worthwhile buy and most definitely worth buying for anyone learning the language
on 14 February 2013
This isn't good if you're teaching yourself German from scratch, as it doesn't go into massive amounts of detail on grammar or semantics. However, if you're using this as supplementary material alongside an official course, then it's really helpful. The sense of humour is... questionable, but all of these revision guides are like that.
on 7 October 2014
Great revision guide for German GCSE. These books are well laid out and give you everything you need to pass!