Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 January 2009
As a British parent living abroad, I bought this CD to expose my daughter to the kind of songs in English I listened to myself as a child. I have not been disappointed: there's a good choice of classics and the recordings are typical BBC quality. Definitely a good buy (as is the sister CD 'Incy Wincey Spider' I also bought. Only one criticism: not quite sure why 'Wheels on the Bus' is on there twice?
11 Comment| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2009
I bought this CD for my 6-month-old granddaughter. Three months later this is her No. 1 favorite musical CD. As soon as the first song begins, she starts smiling.

The presentation of the songs is slow enough to understand the lyrics with no difficulty. All the old nursery songs are here plus many new songs which have become favorites. I can recommend this CD without hesitation.
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2010
This CD will disappoint you. It only has 16 tracks NOT 25 as advertised. Very poor. Just for the record here's what's actually on the CD

The Wheels On The Bus, Row Row Row, London Bridge, Hickory Dickory Dock, Miss Polly had a Dolly, Pop Goes the Weasel, Ten Fat Sausages, The Wheels on the Bus (again!), Grand Ole Duke of York, Girls & Boys Come Out To Play, Mulberry Bush, I Hear Thunder, Heads & Shoulders, Happy And You Know It, Twinkle Twinkle, Wee Willie Winkie
88 Comments| 232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2009
I was given this CD as a present for my almost 2 year old. She and my 4 year old son absolutely love it! They as well as I have not been much interested in the earlier kids music CD's that we had since they always seemed to be sung in a very boring way or then they would have so many songs in them that each nursery rhyme was rarely complete.

This CD is pleasing to hear for an adult as well. It has popular nursery rhymes that most kids know and love and it is well sung with a peppy beat.

As I type this my 2 year old has noticed the picture of the CD on the screen and is asking for it to be played...again! Definately recommend it.
11 Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2009
Just wanted to say - there are the correct number of songs on the CD - including "if you're happy and you know it" - they've just included 2 songs on some of the tracks so it only comes up with 16 on the CD player. A great CD for singing and dancing to.
on 20 December 2010
I was debating whether or not to buy this CD after seeing some of the other reviews saying that there are only 16 or so tracks, not the 26 advertised ones but as it was cheap and it's got lots of my 2 year old son's favourite songs on I thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did. I may have a newer version than some people as it says on mine that it's now indexed to make searching easier and mine has 26 individual tracks which match up exactly with the track listing.

All of the songs are sung by a man and a woman (often sung once by one then repeated by the other, or one verse each etc), and the pace and length of them is just right, not too slow and boring like some I've heard, but not rushed either like others; they all have the full song too, not cut off half way through like a lot of similar CDs. I already have other versions of some of the songs (including Happy and you Know it and Wheels on the bus) and in my opinion this one is the better one. They all have the original words (one version of happy and you know it I have doesn't say clap your hands, stamp your feet etc which is irritating as this is the version my son knows - this version is spot on) and are the English versions so no irritating accents.

Very good value for money I think.
on 7 August 2009
I've just had my first play of this and my 4 month old son loves it. There is minimal instrumentalism which is good as I find some CDs can have so much you can hardly follow the words.

Those people who say there are only 16 songs are obviously not paying attention. When you load it to a computer/CD player there are 16 tracks listed, however, some of those 'tracks' contain more than one of the songs listed on the CD case.
on 7 August 2009
I am a nursery school teacher in Italy and this cd seemed to be a great resource for teaching the little Italians- however I was really disappointed to see that the promised 25 songs are only 16 and one of these 16 is repeated twice ! Certain songs that I really wanted such as 'When you're happy and you know it'are promised but are not there ! I feel misled and maybe would have chosen another cd if I had known this.
11 Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2009
A really good CD with all the old faves... my 2 year old son loves this, and because there are so many songs on there, it doesn't seem too repetitive. A very good choice if you are looking for all the well known songs and a few new ones.
on 24 March 2009
We play this CD almost everyday. We are Dutch and moved to the UK in October 2008. This CD is a great way to become acquainted with famous English nursery rhimes. We can clearly understand the words. Glad we bought it. Would have been even better with a booklet with all the song texts written down (but we'll get that of the internet).