Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 September 2014
This is a really good book well written & told in such a way as to make the reader eager to turn every page to see what happens next. Having different people tell their own stories does not stop the book flowing either and adds to the whole experience. Its not just a football , by any means, its a great story of the ICJ's activities across Europe, and you get to see a lot of more than just the usual `we ran em`
With CCTV and improved policing across Europe, together less tolerance and more political correctness paralysing debate and actions I doubt this story will be written again - savour it.
on 7 April 2016
go half way through. decent read but a right bunch of gyppos. in one chapter one bloke describes how his illegitimate daughter visits him from holland for the first time in ages and gets knocked up by a "Manc lad" of which he seems proud. real low-life stuff.
on 31 July 2014
Excellent book gives. Extremely well-written, makes you feel as if you were actually there. Some very surreal situations, such as Manc scallies finding their way into the middle of Korean slums and ending up mouthing off at the Yakuza in Japan. I finished it in a day, my only criticism is that it wasn't longer.
on 20 August 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed Colin Blaneys book, of his various adventures in the life of crime, I know some of the characters myself, I kept on the straight and narrow side of life myself, luckily, times were hard though so I can understand how, and why people got into crime, when your'e young you have a different perspective of life, Colin and the other 'Grafters' did their 'Time for committing the crime' and he explains the not so easy side of being 'A Grafter' a lot of them ended up in the graveyard well before their time after developing class A, drug habits, I found it to be a witty and also knowledgeable read which would be worth reading by people who are studying law and psychology as well.
on 3 December 2014
Far better written than Grafters....Although repetitive in places....cannot condone the the activities of the ICJ's ...but have to admit it is an interesting and gripping read....quite addictive...Amazing the way they lived on their wits,adrenalin and skills and, how adaptable they were, what ever the circumstances...and still bounced back to tell the tale.
on 6 August 2014
This is a top read for anyone and an even better read for the people who were involved in similar activities, the other two books I have read I strongly recommend.hotshot and grafters Colin blarney writes it as it was no holds barred.
on 12 October 2014
The genre of this book, isn't supposed to be appealing to me. Primarily as I am a die hard LFC supporter and I am a Scoucer. Not only did it appeal, it touched me so much in parts I had tears running down my cheek. I don't say this flippantly. Although a woman, I'm no flake!. Colin's refreshingly honest description of his life experiences, coupled with his wit, charisma and all round cheekiness, blew my socks off! His nod to the lads no longer on earth was touching and he appears to be a very grounded, humble man. In contrast, the tales of the remaining WTF members was sharp, loud and current. I felt like they were sitting with me in a cosy space recounting their tales. In summary, I felt Colin and his mates were teaching me some life skills, warning me of dangers, cheering me with happy times and inspiring me to write. The only negative is that they are mufc fans....but I suppose someone's got to be. Well done that lad !
on 8 October 2014
A cracking read. Blaney is a talented writer and tells his stories well. There are some laugh out loud moments as well as some poignant passages particularly where Colin tells of former friends and colleagues who died young because of the world they found themselves in.

If you enjoyed Grafters you will love this. Well worth paying out for.
on 6 May 2015
A very revealing account of a way of life that is probably very different to anything most book readers will be familiar with. It's written in a bright and easy to read style but becomes a bit repetitive fairly quickly.
on 20 August 2014
Cracking follow up to Mr Blaney's first book Grafters. Written with great wit and wisdom and alot of humility despite the subject matter. The author comes across as a Mancunian version of the sort of blokes who frequented the rough arsed pubs of my youth in Burnley . Basically this one of the best books on jibbing and blagging you will ever read by the ultimate 'live for now and damn tomorrow' bloke. He's been there , bought AND sold the tee shirt but most importantly he'd give you his last quid if you were on your arse . Anybody yet to read this , to quote the Irish comedy Tractor Song .... You don't know what you're missing lads .