on 9 July 2014
Excellent, this is a great addition/conclusion to Ian Doescher's Shakespearen Star Wars. I cannot say it any better then Leia:

"New hope did guide our first adventures, aye,
Until the Empire harshly struck back,
But then our noble Jedi hath return'd
And all ensur'd our victory was won".

This book is different from the other as there is more inner monologue (Asides), and sillicoques, it does go more in depth for each character because of the. Something that we have never had in Star Wars before is Luke's reaction to the incestuous kiss with Leia, and how his feeling for her change to a deeper brotherly love then he had before. The Emperor's asides also tell us much more about his true feeling for Vader, and the "conflict" in Vader Luke is always talking about. If you like the other books you will like this one. The only complain is people like Jaba still talk in there own language, this I can live with because C3PO translates for them. All in all an enjoyable ending to the trilogy. Check the illustration in my video.
With `The Jedi Doth Return', a third installment in his William Shakespeare's Star Wars Trilogy, Ian Doescher concludes his innovative adaption, a unique combination that will please both those how love Shakespeare and fans of Star Wars franchise.

As I wrote in review for previous part, though at first glance that seemed like impossible mission, Doescher conceived his work as a combination of worlds fully incompatible – Shakespeare’s England and most known space saga which takes place all around the universe.

It’s important to emphasize that there are many humorous scenes found inside, actually this is no parody in Mothy Python style, but instead Doescher adapted Star Wars to fit into Shakespeare’s world. The author uses archaic grammar and vocabulary that was used in Shakespeare time, in combination with Star Wars slang that although may firstly sound strange, after becoming accustomed will become entertaining to read.

The book also includes black and white illustrations which additionally what makes the book more interesting to watch as well, and not just reading, looking at Star Wars known faces drawn in a manner used half a millennium earlier, dressed in costumes both avant-garde and perfect fit for Shakespeare time.

The third and final installment concludes Star Wars story which follows original Lucas trilogy, though to be honest just as the third movie in my opinion was the worst, so this third part though does not disappoint with nothing special, is least good in whole series.

I hope that someone is already thinking about `Black Adder'-like adaption of Doescher books because I’m sure they would be very successful. Therefore, as everything has to end, even this innovative and humorous `Shakespearian Star Wars' trilogy had come to its ending. And though `The Jedi Doth Return' is a bit lower quality compared to especially its prequel, looking as whole I can highly recommend innovative ‘William Shakespeare's Star Wars Trilogy’ written by Ian Doescher.
on 29 July 2014
Forsooth, now this trilogy is end'd
And the stormtroopers are but nought.
My Lord Vader hath redeemeth his ways
While vile Palatine, in sneering and electrified state,
Has plungethed to unlamented end.
Meantimes Han shags Leia.

Excellent stuff.

Also try Sherlock Holmes and the Flying Zombie Death Monkeys. Superb.
on 7 August 2016
Yet another enjoyable read in this series. I continue to appreciate the depth of personality that Doescher originates, by giving characters such as R2D2, Salacious Crumb, and the Rancor several asides and soliloquies.

I look forward to enjoying his treatment of Episodes 1-3, with high expectations that some of the laughable aspects of Episode 1 (midi-chlorians were mentioned briefly in this volume even) will be redeemed as enjoyable!
on 26 February 2015
I purchased this for my eldest Grandson aged 14 years old. He has the first one and he loves this and the following book. I purchased both as a Birthday gift He has real laugh out loud moments when reading it. He thoroughly enjoyed it. He loved the idea of the Shakespeare /Star Wars style.
on 18 July 2014
I love these books. I've been a star wars fan from the beginning and I love the tales of the Bard. I can visualize the plays as I read the books and I would love to see these transferred to the stage. The force art strong with this series. Inspiring mashup!
on 26 December 2014
This is a perfect gift, great quality. Have shopped with this seller before, its the first seller I look to when I purchase books . thank you :-)
on 14 November 2014
Very good value and great quality book. This is such a clever idea to amalgamate the old and new in a classic twist
on 23 August 2014