Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 January 2014
I'm a designer and was caught napping when CAD (computer aided drafting) superseded drawing boards 22 years ago, then caught napping again when 3D superseded 2D so wanted to get ahead of the curve with 3D printing. The author is an insider so well placed to enlighten the rest of us. I'm impressed.
on 19 November 2013
This book covers the subject of 3D printing in sufficient detail for a newcomer to the subject to understand thoroughly and provides a wide range of examples of contemporary applications and pointers to the future direction of the technique.
on 10 February 2014
Having read several books which breathlessly predicted 3D printing would cure all of humanities ills this was a refreshingly balanced, mature and well researched book. It gives an excellent background on the technology, current uses and potential future applications leavened with sensible overview of the current limitations of 3D printing.

All in all an excellent book which I thoroughly recommend.
on 13 August 2013
Makes a change to be able to read a clear and interesting book on the subject of Added Manufacturing. A very good introduction for the uninitiated covering up to the minute information, which seems to be changing at a very fast pace. A pleasant change from many of the barely understandable academic papers which one has to read on the subject at university.
on 14 December 2013
Not a great reader of books but this one certainly kept me interested. I remember seeing the concept demonstrated on Tomorrows World back in the 80's (I actually thought it was in the 70's) and was amazed. I think it was Raymond Baxter printing a small set of runners, terminated at both ends with a disc. A ball was inside rolling up and down. I was enthralled. I remember it being a stereolithographic machine. Since I never heard about it again I had assumed it had died a death. Possibly the most exciting topic here though has to be on Bio Printing. Great book well written and a must for anybody wanting to see where the future is headed.
on 28 October 2014
This was a good introduction to 3D Printing with some quite detailed explanations. Certainly answered the questions I had and broadened my knowledge considerably on the sheer amount of different types of 3D printing. Lots of acronyms to come to terms with but that certainly is not the authors fault, that said he does provide in the back of the book a full listing of them all and their meaning.

This book whilst a fabulous starting point for anyone wishing to know more about 3D Printing, it does not stop there. It offers up the authors vision for the future in which 3DP plays an important role. Some of his vision backed up by facts, trends and predictions based on sustainability of natural resources. Worthwhile read for certain. I will be racing more from this author.
on 9 July 2016
I am new to 3D printing and I got this book to learn more about the 3D printing wold
I would recommend this book as I have learned a lot about 3D printing and the concept of how different 3D printer's work
This book is very interesting with lots of good information
on 17 December 2013
Great read.Plenty of information and easy to understand.Highly recommend to any one interested in this newest technology.
It's all in here.
on 17 September 2015
Brilliant book by this author. Handy when a Newby to 3D printing.
on 29 July 2015
Great product from a great supplier "Thanks"