Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 April 2017
no review
on 1 March 2017
As the 3D printer market continues its multi-billion pound transformation from a niche market to a global market of enterprises and consumers, excellent books like this that help you understand the practicalities and potential of this transformation are critical to not only 3D printer technology providers but also buyers and users who are faced with significant business disruptions. I recommend this book to 3D printing enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, designers, investors, students, and anybody who wants to be more informed about this revolutionary and profitable technology.
on 10 February 2014
Having read several books which breathlessly predicted 3D printing would cure all of humanities ills this was a refreshingly balanced, mature and well researched book. It gives an excellent background on the technology, current uses and potential future applications leavened with sensible overview of the current limitations of 3D printing.

All in all an excellent book which I thoroughly recommend.
on 14 December 2013
Not a great reader of books but this one certainly kept me interested. I remember seeing the concept demonstrated on Tomorrows World back in the 80's (I actually thought it was in the 70's) and was amazed. I think it was Raymond Baxter printing a small set of runners, terminated at both ends with a disc. A ball was inside rolling up and down. I was enthralled. I remember it being a stereolithographic machine. Since I never heard about it again I had assumed it had died a death. Possibly the most exciting topic here though has to be on Bio Printing. Great book well written and a must for anybody wanting to see where the future is headed.
on 25 January 2014
I'm a designer and was caught napping when CAD (computer aided drafting) superseded drawing boards 22 years ago, then caught napping again when 3D superseded 2D so wanted to get ahead of the curve with 3D printing. The author is an insider so well placed to enlighten the rest of us. I'm impressed.
on 13 August 2013
Makes a change to be able to read a clear and interesting book on the subject of Added Manufacturing. A very good introduction for the uninitiated covering up to the minute information, which seems to be changing at a very fast pace. A pleasant change from many of the barely understandable academic papers which one has to read on the subject at university.
on 19 November 2013
This book covers the subject of 3D printing in sufficient detail for a newcomer to the subject to understand thoroughly and provides a wide range of examples of contemporary applications and pointers to the future direction of the technique.
on 17 December 2013
Great read.Plenty of information and easy to understand.Highly recommend to any one interested in this newest technology.
It's all in here.
on 17 January 2017
The problems with writing a book about a technology that is still developing rapidly, is that it becomes out of date very quickly. There is a useful section on the types of 3D printing, which is still (mostly) relevant, but many of the companies / printer makes that are provided are already way out of date. I must admit that I found it a bit boring: even with the out-of-date stuff, it didn't really fire up the imagination.
on 9 July 2016
I am new to 3D printing and I got this book to learn more about the 3D printing wold
I would recommend this book as I have learned a lot about 3D printing and the concept of how different 3D printer's work
This book is very interesting with lots of good information