Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 June 2014
She loved it so much she read it twice. It's her fave! 'Dad, what would you do if a magical baby appeared on your bed?' she asked. Not telling you what I said, but I had to read it then, and I have to say it engrossed me more than many adult books have. Very special. Thoroughly recommend it for any young reader!
on 28 August 2014
I have to declare that I was asked to speak at the Edinburgh Festival this year with Dawn, who is lovely. However, I hadn't yet met her when I first read her book and loved it, and even if I hadn't met the author subsequently I would have still thought this children's book was very interesting and unpredictable and original. 'Little Celeste' has a central message which has lots of wisdom for adults as well as children and which I have found myself thinking about lots since I read it. I like the way that childhood is not sentimentalised, and the very real problems children can have with people they love very much is dealt with sensitively and positively, so that the difficulties described do not overwhelm the heroine OR the reader.
on 29 June 2014
I love the way the author pitches her writing so well for the intended age group without being patronising etc. It was beautiful - funny, tender, insightful, and full of subtle wisdom. I'm looking forward to her next book, as I'm sure that it won't disappoint!
on 23 June 2014
This is a charming book, my grand daughter absolutely loved it. It is very well written and I look forward to the next book by this author. Well done .
on 20 February 2015
Brilliant! I'd recommend for 9-11 yr olds -perfectly captures those pre-teen difficulties with a huge dose of humour.