Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 April 2012
I love these audio books. Perfect entertainment and a good many laughs. I hesitated at first because of the price. Now I know that the money was well invested. Good choice, highly recommendable!
on 11 December 2014
I didn't know what to expect as had never encountered Agatja Raisin before, but was overjoyed with the whole set.

Immensely entertaining and interesting.Penelope Kieth is truly excellent as Agatha, as is the actor who plays James Lacey, Agatha's on/off boyfriend.

Up until the Curious Curate story, the character of Bill Wong the policeman is played by Ben Crowe and fromthe Curious Curate onwards, a different actor takes over the role
Also the character of Roy Silver, Agatha's outrageously camp and funny good friend, is also played by a different actor up until the Curious Curate story, when another actor takes over the part. I preferred Ben Crowe's version of Bill Wong as when the different actor takes over, he sounds rather too gruff to the Bill Wong we had become accustomed to hearing, but I actually preferred the second actor who took over the part of Roy, though the first was okay, the second one to play the part of Roy was so much more suitable I feel and certainly much more hilarious to listen to. A lot of the dialogue between Agatha and this character is so laugh out loud funny that I'm sure the neighbours must hear when I listen in bed and can't control a laugh out loud moment at one of Roy or Agatha's witty remarks or banter. Agatha is anyway acerbic and funny most of the time and I can highly remommend these CDs to anyone who enjoys light hearted but interesting fun but with a darker element thrown in.
on 22 April 2013
i listen to this while driving to the south of france was easy listening funny and made the journey feel not so long
on 7 February 2014
I am hooked would recommend to anyone who loves Agatha Raisin and wants to listening again and again I love it
on 9 February 2013
I absolutely love these CDs. Never read the books but enjoyed stories and Penelope Keith's and rest of casts peformance. Found them by accident on book people website for a fraction of price. Was looking for more.
on 26 June 2014
I am nore than half finished listening to the set, and they are terrific. As a long time M.C. Beaton, Agatha Raisin reader, I find them true to the character I have in my minds eye, and well done. Penelope Keith is a perfect Agatha.
I am a fan of Agatha Raisin books and radio serials/plays and will be reading and listening for many years to come. I think that the casting of Penelope Keith as Agatha Raisin was perfect and I think M C Beaton's stories are very well written and amusing and often the mysteries as good as any writers. The radio dramatisations do change the stories and characters but they are just a variation on Agatha and I still enjoy them as much as the books. When I read the books I can see Penelope Keith playing Agatha and Malcolm Sinclair as James Lacey as well. The chance to buy the 10 CD box was not something to turn down as if you do shop around you will find it available for a good price likewise the individual CD sets. I am hoping that there will be more from Agatha but the most recent radio serial dates from 2006 so here's hoping...
on 29 December 2012
Not sure at the moment. Took some to listen to in the car and thought I must have left the second part of three of them at home. They seem so very summarized they are cut so short they don't make sense. I will give them another listen but remain unsure. If I'm right, then I'm really disappointed as they books are great.
Second review - listened again - they've split them up slightly differently and given some different titles within the CDs so all ok. Yes, recommended!
on 18 January 2012
As a diehard Aggie fan I was keen to listen to these. I have to say I was a little disappointed. Although they are entertaining I don't think you can beat reading the books and I don't like the way they have had to cut the plots to fit them into the episode timescale.
I'm also a tad annoyed to see that they've been massively reduced since I purchased them which has left me not only a little disappointed in the play, but also feeling ripped off!
on 24 July 2013
I like the radio version of these books - they're just the job to hear when doing the ironing. Penelope is good as Agatha Riaisin. The abridging is also quite effective.