Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 April 2013
covers every topic but in class we went in to much further detail so only covers basics - best for understanding, rather than knowlege ( or if you are falling behind) generally good but there are too many topics for such a small book - fractional distillation and electrolysis are not detailed enough etc. good revision guide as alll this info WOULD COVER the exam (not the complete module) this is only module 1 - the next book is the better one!
on 22 April 2012
I am an experienced science teacher, currently teaching this course. I am not very impressed with this guide - if you do buy it for your child make sure that they are aware that they cannot just concentrate on this - it is definitely not a full set of notes. I have flicked through it very quickly and there are omissions - transformers and the blast furnace to name just two. I would have expected much better considering that it is the only guide published for this course, expensive compared to most revision guides and available just 5 weeks before the Biology 1 module! Better than nothing - but must be supplemented.
on 17 June 2012
Purchased study guides for daughter to use in exam revision. Delivered promptly she found information in them to be very well organised & helpful, also helped to calm exam nerves. Post-exam feedback from her, glad we bought them. What more can you ask from a reviia revision guide.
on 18 June 2016
Good revision book that totally teaches you everything you need to know. However, there are a few vital things missing, like a model answers page. This book is not written for kids aged 14-15 and it can be hard to read, my concentration always flags...it's quite boring!
on 12 March 2014
my child informed me he needed this book as a help/study aid.Found it very helpful and uses it frequently to help with those all important exams,ive asked their opinion and they would recommend it as a study aid.
on 5 February 2014
Perfect for my revision, I really struggle to get all of the information in lessons, and I find the way that my teachers explain things hard to understand, I pretty much rely on these guides! It has served me well so far in all of my tests, I haven't actually taken any gcse exams yet using it so I can't offer any feedback in terms of that, but from my own experience so far it has definitely been a great buy!
on 23 June 2013
My son was very pleased with this book. He said if he had not have had this book he would not have been able to answer one of the Biology questions as it had been covered in this revision book but he had not done it in school. So I am a very pleased mum.
on 9 October 2013
My Son used this to revise last year and found it very useful. However there were problems with the online answers to sample questions- these did not appear to have been properly checked- a few were wrong and in one series of questions an answer was missing altogether and the rest miss-numbered so they did not match with the questions. This was some time ago so these problems may have been corrected by now.

I wouldn't let this put you off buying this- it was really useful- but may be just check things over with your child (if they'll let you!).
on 28 June 2013
I used this to do my science exams just last week! it is extremely useful whether your needing it for the higher or foundation exams.
best of all the revision guides in the world, good set out and the delivery was fine and expected.
on 10 February 2013
bought this for my daughter, as requested by her school, and she is extremely happy with it.
would happily recommend this book.