Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 April 2012
I am an experienced science teacher, currently teaching this course. I am not very impressed with this guide - if you do buy it for your child make sure that they are aware that they cannot just concentrate on this - it is definitely not a full set of notes. I have flicked through it very quickly and there are omissions - transformers and the blast furnace to name just two. I would have expected much better considering that it is the only guide published for this course, expensive compared to most revision guides and available just 5 weeks before the Biology 1 module! Better than nothing - but must be supplemented.
on 9 April 2013
covers every topic but in class we went in to much further detail so only covers basics - best for understanding, rather than knowlege ( or if you are falling behind) generally good but there are too many topics for such a small book - fractional distillation and electrolysis are not detailed enough etc. good revision guide as alll this info WOULD COVER the exam (not the complete module) this is only module 1 - the next book is the better one!
on 17 June 2012
Purchased study guides for daughter to use in exam revision. Delivered promptly she found information in them to be very well organised & helpful, also helped to calm exam nerves. Post-exam feedback from her, glad we bought them. What more can you ask from a reviia revision guide.
on 10 February 2013
bought this for my daughter, as requested by her school, and she is extremely happy with it.
would happily recommend this book.
on 23 June 2013
My son was very pleased with this book. He said if he had not have had this book he would not have been able to answer one of the Biology questions as it had been covered in this revision book but he had not done it in school. So I am a very pleased mum.
on 11 February 2013
very useful for son soon to be sitting his exams this summer he thinks it will help in his revision
on 18 June 2016
Good revision book that totally teaches you everything you need to know. However, there are a few vital things missing, like a model answers page. This book is not written for kids aged 14-15 and it can be hard to read, my concentration always flags...it's quite boring!
on 5 February 2014
Perfect for my revision, I really struggle to get all of the information in lessons, and I find the way that my teachers explain things hard to understand, I pretty much rely on these guides! It has served me well so far in all of my tests, I haven't actually taken any gcse exams yet using it so I can't offer any feedback in terms of that, but from my own experience so far it has definitely been a great buy!
on 6 June 2012
Brand new WJEC Science modular course not yet examined, so was unsure how helpful revision notes would be. Needn't have worried; excellent coverage of all key topics. Much liked by year 10 daughter.
on 7 September 2013
I bought this for my son, and he says he absolutely loved it! He said it helped so much and his revision for his GCSE exams were focused on this book. With the use of the revision guide, he got A*s in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I highly recommend this revision guide for any GCSE student who is doing Triple or even Double science!